System Engineer (need Electrical and CAD experience)
- $36 to $53 Hourly
System Engineer I
Location: Ashburn, VA (ONSITE)
Position Type: Contract / Contract to Hire, pay range is $36-52.88 an hour
Residency Status: US Citizen or Green Card Holder ONLY
Our client is seeking a System Engineer I to design hardware and system level solutions for their toll installation projects. Coordinates with team members to define system objectives and prepare installation design specifications to installation project requirements. Reviews work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and user standards, and progress in accordance with schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly interfaces with customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Performs site surveys and provides input to drafting.
- Assists with designing/assembling system components or gives direction to others.
- Provide input to managers on vendor and subcontractor deliverables and schedules.
- Monitors the installation of equipment/systems to verify adherence to project design requirement.
- Estimates personnel level of effort to install systems.
- Reads and interprets equipment specifications.
- Research component specifications for use in designs.
- Analyzes system requirements for electrical power and communications to calculate necessary power load and communications bandwidth for design.
- Makes sketches of proposed drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) software to create designs from sketches and makes any adjustments or changes necessary.
- Prepares supporting documentation.
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Learns to use professional concepts, applies company policies/procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- **Travel: is required
Who We Are GTN is the leader in technical staffing leveraging innovation to drive next-generation recruiting to Fortune 2000 companies. What We Do We provide Scalable Technical Staffing solutions encompassing SOW, staff augmentation, and direct hire placement for Fortune 2000 companies, with niche service offerings in Cyber Security, Digital, Field Services, and Professional Services. Our recruiting teams are specialized, certified, and have endured rigorous technical boot camps and ongoing required educational courses and meetups. What Proof We Have We have experience in scalable IT Staffing since the year 2000. Our IT experts have helped Fortune 2000 corporations embrace the cybersecurity and digital space, with many of our experts remaining on contract with clients for 8+ years. Our staffing experts have been engaged to speak at cybersecurity conferences, and our teams are certified and specialize in divisions focused around cyber, digital, field, and professional services. Why People Want It Our values encompass Innovation, Integrity, Strategy, and Speed. Every member of our team is certified and specialized. We are committed to leveraging high tech to deliver high-touch service.
GTN Technical StaffingAshburn, VA
WebsiteView All GTN Technical Staffing Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.