PeopleSoft/Oracle DBA 3
Location: Albany, NY
Position Type: 3 Year Contract
Hourly / Salary: BOE
Residency Status: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, H1' s
- Assist with SQL tuning - provide tuning analysis and recommendations to remediate slow performing SQL statements in batch jobs, ODI extracts, online components and reports.
- Configure and monitor the database environment -assist the State in monitoring the SFS database infrastructure and altering its configuration as necessary to meet changing operational demands of the SFS application.
- Operational support - provide operational database support during non-business hours.
- Technical advice - provide recommendations and implementation assistance to the State when implementing ETL jobs and analytical queries in support of data warehousing and business intelligence applications.
- Capacity and performance management for SFS enterprise projects - provide analysis, recommendations and assistance for SFS enterprise projects to include additional functionality and bringing additional agencies onto the SFS.
- Upgrade assistance - provide recommendations, feasibility analysis, planning and implementation assistance for an upgrade of core SFS applications including PeopleSoft, the Oracle database, Oracle Engineered Systems, and the IBM AIX operating system.
- 15+ years of experience serving in the capacity as an Oracle database administrator (DBA) supporting PeopleSoft Financials, CRM and/or HCM
- Oracle Certified Master (OCM) certification
- Experience identifying problem SQL, analyzing execution plans, and developing tuning options.
- Experience with Oracle engineered systems.
- Experience employing and maintaining OEM, Oracle advanced security (TDE) and Data guard.
- Experience writing and maintaining shell and python scripts.