PeopleSoft/Oracle DBA 2
Location: Albany, NY
Position Type: 3 Year Contract
Hourly / Salary: BOE
Residency Status: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, H1' s
- Troubleshooting, identifying bottlenecks, monitoring performance and implementing solutions that address performance.
- Administering and upgrading Oracle Enterprise Manager, which supports SFS applications, databases, middleware, hardware and engineered systems.
- Assist with SQL tuning - provide tuning analysis and recommendations to re-mediate slow performing SQL statements in batch jobs, ODI extracts, online components and reports.
- Upgrade and patching assistance - provide recommendations, feasibility analysis, planning and implementation assistance for upgrades and patching of core SFS Oracle Databases.
- 5+ years of experience serving in the capacity as an Oracle database administrator (DBA) supporting PeopleSoft Financials, CRM and/or HCM
- 5+ years of experience in installing, configuring, administering, tuning and troubleshooting Oracle databases
- 5+ years of experience Implementing and maintaining Oracle Databases across a multiple server environment (development, test, training, staging, and production)
- 5+years of experience developing and using backup, cloning and recovery tools (such as RMAN)
- Experience identifying problem SQL, analyzing execution plans, and developing tuning options
- Experience with Oracle engineered systems
- Experience employing and maintaining OEM, Oracle advanced security (TDE) and Dataguard
- Experience writing and maintaining shell and python scripts