GTN Technical Staffing Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Houston, TX 77041
Position Type: Contract
Hourly / Salary: $36/hour
Residency Status: US Citizen or Green Card Holder ONLY
Our client is looking for a Network Administrator to join their team!
- Install, configure, maintain and support Cisco Routers, Switches, firewalls, VPN-L2L,
- Participate for projects to deploy the ISE, Firewalls rules.
- Will be involved in projects for deploying Nexus 3K, using different technologies such as vPC, VDC, OTV.
- Plan and execute the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment, Defining network policies and procedures.
- Provided high-level support and technical expertise in networking technologies including LAN/WAN
- Deal with Routing Protocols configuration such as OSPF, EIGRP, EIGRP Name Mode, BGP,.
- Work on all aspects of network engineering: security, design, implementation, monitoring, and troubleshooting. Such as SolarWinds/Orin, Palo Alto. Ninja/Foglight integration a plus
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and execution of the disaster plan when warranted in a real time/life situation.
- Using network analysis using such as Wireshark to identify the root Couse of the issues.
- Complete projects according to established schedules and timeframes and shares responsibility of successful project completion with the assigned Project Manager and project team.
- Responsible for testing all devices to make sure they are working and prepare logs to keep track of field conditions and installation activities, as well as training, experienced technicians.
- Serve as point of contact with vendors and stakeholders regarding new equipment, applications and licenses.
- Document and complete all changes in accordance with accepted Change Management policies and procedures.
- Deep connectivity related issues investigation with sniffing tools (wireshark),
- Analyze and supply the chain needs from various business sources and communicate to the supply chain superior team, Configure and install Cisco Switched and Router.
- Provide consultation to clients on IT network strategies and system integrations to ensure viability of system performance and follows technical and documentation standards.
- CCNA required. Additional CISCO Certs a big plus.
- Responds to requests via the helpdesk in the most expedient manner possible.
- Provides troubleshooting and repair for moderate network solutions.
- Microsoft 2012 server and upwards knowledge
- Microsoft Hyper-V experience
- Quickly identifies and repairs common problems
- Evaluates interface between users, hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall desktop system.
- Maintains servers, user accounts.
- Daily system maintenance review, such as systems log, antivirus server logs, etc.
- Provides monitoring and reports of the operational status of LAN/WAN environment as needed.
- Installs and configures Server hardware.
- Recommends the acquisition or new hardware and/or software as needed.
A big plus on any Security side knowledge
- Proven experience in security architecture practices, processes, and strategic security planning
- Excellent knowledge of security and risk management trends as well as emerging threats and vulnerabilities
- Expert knowledge of security controls and countermeasures (defense in depth) including practical experience with identity management, cyber-security and IT processes / solutions
- Experience with methodologies to conduct threat / risk modeling on new applications and services
- Expert knowledge of security / risk control frameworks (COBiT, ISO 27001, ITIL), and business continuity / disaster recovery frameworks (ISO 22301, ISO 27031)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail
GTN Technical Staffing
GTN provides Scalable Technical Staffing solutions encompassing SOW, staff augmentation, and direct hire placement for Fortune 2000 companies, with niche service offerings in Cyber Security, Digital, Payroll Management, and Professional Services.
TechnologyView all jobs at GTN Technical Staffing