The Quality Assurance Manager works closely with the Director of Engineering to set the tone and direction for all quality assurance efforts. They work with Quality Assurance Engineers to develop test scenarios and cases from the requirements provided by analysts and engineering leadership. They will assist with running the day-to-day operations of all Quality Assurance Engineers. They will work closely with the engineering team to ensure that defects are identified and resolved. They will be responsible for ensuring automation is elevated from an afterthought to a key part of the quality assurance process.
- Provide leadership to the quality assurance engineering team including assigning work and thinking through the right approach to testing complex functionality while mimicking real work scenarios and workflows used by the business.
- Analyze, design, plan, develop, and implement the testing strategies, plans, cases, and scenarios needed to validate business rules and requirements while determining the appropriate testing techniques for user interfaces and non-UI elements in multiple environments.
- Continually mentor all quality assurance engineers with a focus on core competencies, personal growth, and career progression.
- Design automated testing solutions as part of the quality assurance process that are consistent with the architecture and philosophy articulated by the Director of Engineering while suggesting improvements and/or enhancements.
- Collaborate with Application Engineers to identify, isolate, document, and resolve issues and defects found during development and by users.
- Create and maintain the test data needed to execute tests for multiple concurrent software projects.
- Provide an accurate progress status during the daily standup meeting.
- Work with the team during regular sprint planning sessions to develop detailed technical tasks from business requirements while providing time estimates, identifying dependencies, and setting deadlines.
- Provide rough estimates of the User Story complexity for future functionality by asking probing questions of analysts, product owners, and engineers during backlog grooming sessions.
- Prepare and deliver business value-oriented demonstrations to the quality assurance engineering team or end-users.
- Participate in frequent retrospective and postmortem discussions while providing critical analysis with a focus on process improvement and conflict resolution.
- Act autonomously in their decision making while following philosophies and guidelines established by the team.
- Partner with engineering and technology leadership and other team members to develop roadmaps when appropriate.
- Participate in on-boarding all new employees with a focus on cross-functional competencies.
- Quality Assurance Engineers.
You must have a strong understanding of the following:
- Developing test cases and scenarios from business requirements and wireframes.
- Developing and implementing testing for data, logic and presentation tiers - we use tools like CucumberJs for end-to-end testing and Postman for API testing.
- Identifying unaccounted exception paths including positive, negative and edge test cases.
- Experience testing headless applications such as batch processes.
- Experience database testing.
- Documenting and maintaining functional test cases and other test artifacts - including test data - we use TestRail.
- Defect tracking software - we use JIRA Capture.
- NoSQL Databases - we use MongoDB.
- Five to seven years' experience.
- Preferred four (4) year Bachelor's degree.
- This position may require occasional night or weekend work to support product launches.
- This position will work with a geographically dispersed, remote team.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro