As an Account Manager within the Vaccines Business Unit, you will be accountable for developing and growing strategic key accounts within the Private Health System customer segment. By clearly understanding the needs of your customers, you and your team will develop and deliver customer value propositions that describe how the VBU's immunization product and service solutions can create superior customer value.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Responsible for managing several projects at any given time. The implementation of a private/public sector vaccine portfolio conversion is highly complex and the account manager will be responsible for managing multiple conversions in any given quarter.
- Develop, manage and grow key customer relationships by orchestrating the deployment of VBU resources to provide comprehensive immunization product and service solutions to strategically important accounts.
- Lead the development and execution of the business-to-business selling process for targeted key accounts in coordination with sales force teammates and home office stakeholders:
- Account research, planning and goal setting.
- Account needs and opportunities identification.
- Value proposition development and delivery.
- Purchasing and implementation / first order facilitation.
- Value proposition reinforcement.
- Account expansion strategy and tactics.
- Capture and share best practices with field and home office stakeholders to increase institutional knowledge of health centers, federally qualified health centers, corrections, STD clinics, substance abuse, family planning, etc. within the private customer segment and enable GSK and GSK Vaccines to bring the most relevant value propositions to those customers.
- Establish and manage to territory goals to enable VBU to meet and exceed performance targets.
- This position will operate in an uncertain and highly regulated environment. Problems will require internal GSK collaboration with RISD, contracting, legal, marketing and other functional areas as required. Ideas generated by the position will have an impact on GSK as the role is a novel approach to specific types of customer, customer who operate horizontally and/or vertically integrated healthcare systems.
Interpersonal Skills Needed:
- Ability to listen and understand customer needs.
- Ability to translate customer needs into a customer value proposition.
- Applying flexible and creative thinking when developing new business solutions and value propositions that meet the needs of the customer.
- Communicating value propositions using written and oral presentation methods.
- Ability to negotiate and gain customer agreement for solutions that benefit both GSK and the customer.
- Building relationships with multiple stakeholders across internal divisions (PPIC, Oncology, Med Center, Pharma) and external customers.
- Influencing and facilitating the execution of business plans that impact multiple teams and individuals.
- Demonstrates the GSK values with all decision-making.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid Driver's License
- 2 years pharmaceutical sales experience
- 4 years of Account Management experience directly involved in hospitals / hospital systems or private health systems.
- Master's Degree - Business, Private Health, Hospital Admin, etc.
- Vaccines Sales Experience - 2 years
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.