ViiV Healthcare is a company focused exclusively on discovery, development and commercialization of medicines for the treatment or prevention of HIV. We are seeking Scientific Leader to perform independent research in a laboratory dedicated to the discovery and characterization of novel anti-HIV compounds.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. The Scientific Leader's responsibilities will include:
- Independently design and carry out experiments to find or profile new compounds and their mechanism of action.
- Develop new assays or discover novel targets or approaches to answer specific scientific queries.
- Analyze and interpret data in order to prepare and present reports.
- Candidate will be working under BSL2 and BSL2+ conditions.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS/MS in the biological sciences.
- Experience with data analysis, interpretation, and communication in group settings.
- Ability to write reports and scientific manuscripts and a track record of publications desired.
- Experience with data analysis and presentation software (Spotfire, GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Office suite and/or electronic lab notebook)
- Attention to detail in conducting laboratory protocols and in recording methods and results in electronic laboratory notebook entries is essential.
- Demonstrated ability in one or more of the following areas:
- Assay Design and implementation
- Assay troubleshooting
- Cell culture (including primary cell isolations from blood) and cell-based assays
- Molecular Biology techniques
- Transient/stable transfection of mammalian cells
- Protein expression/purification in mammalian cells
- Flow cytometry (multi-color)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 10 plus years of industry experience preferred.
- Experience in HIV or other infectious disease research.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As ViiV focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
GSKBiopharm_Development (for R&D)
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.