Packaging Operator 215484
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your Packing Operations knowledge where you will support new product introductions and processes to increase efficiency and reduce waste? If so, this is the role for you.
As a Packaging Operator, you will be responsible for Independently: perform clean, change over, set up, operation of packaging equipment, and inspection of product/materials to routinely achieve production and quality standards while following GMPs, SOPs and standard work documentation on assigned work center; maintain adequate supply/material levels to meet short and long-term safety, quality and production needs; support process and equipment improvements; maintain accurate documentation for duties performed; and assist others in their training, understanding and performance of tasks and duties.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- PACKAGING OPERATIONS: In accordance with cGMP documents, standard work documents and other instructional materials: independently operate packaging equipment at various work stations; perform basic measures; weigh, process and inspect product/materials; maintain adequate material/supply levels; and monitor product variables and attributes throughout preparation to ensure designated parameters and quality attributes are met.
- EQUIPMENT CLEAN, CHANGE OVER and SET UP: Independently perform cleans, change overs and set ups of multiple pieces of equipment in support of effective operations in accordance with required timeframes and cGMP documents, standard work documents, and other instructional materials.
- EQUIPMENT TROUBLESHOOTING and REPAIRS: Perform basic equipment adjustments during production, at the direction of senior operators, which do not require intermediate or advanced mechanical or technical skills as to include, but not limited to, clearing jams, making adjustments, stopping and restarting machines, loading materials, etc...; escalate issues appropriately.
- AUTONOMOUS MAINTENANCE / PROCEDURE DEVELOPMENT: Perform and/or assist as directed with autonomous maintenance activities as required by cGMP documents, standard work documents and other instructional materials; participate in procedure development, revision and documentation.
- MATERIALS & SUPPLIES: Continuously monitor staging areas and stock materials as needed to maintain production, quality and safety standards; use transporting equipment safely.
- RECORD KEEPING: Accurately maintain documentation related to equipment operations, cleanings, calibrations, adjustments and troubleshooting for GMP documents, equipment logs, cleaning logs, Tier 1 boards, and all other required records used to track equipment activity and status for activities performed. Performs all assigned ERP transactions for the work center.
- COACHING, TRAINING & INSTRUCTION: Provide basic instruction and coaching to others through training and by setting an example in their understanding and performance of tasks and duties and company expectations including safety, quality, lean, GSK Shared Values and Behaviors, internal and external customer service, value stream, etc.; escalate issues to management for resolution; and maintain training compliance in the Learning Management System
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ year's technical manufacturing experience
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instruction
- Strong attention to detail and ability to create and follow detailed documentation
- Minimum of two-years' experience as a Service Worker in either Central Services or Packaging, or other production experience
- For current associates, must have a 2.2 (satisfactory) rating in the most recent annual performance review
- Basic computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, data entry
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Associates or Technical Degree/Certification
- Prior experience with cGMP documentation
- Experience with a lean organization or other prior exposure to lean concepts, tools and techniques
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.