Oncology is a core area of intensive focus at GSK, and while much progress has been made in the past few years, more can be done to REDEFINE EXPECTATIONS in cancer care. As we look to redefine expectations in oncology, we need experienced, entrepreneurial-minded leaders to help us on this journey.
Are you an experienced Oncology Sales Professional looking to be part of an innovative, dynamic and growing organization? GSK's US Oncology team is looking for Regional Sales Directors to lead and define the key account strategies and sales activities within a defined geographical area. This includes the design and implementation of short term and long-term business plans intended to increase revenue from targeted customers and accounts. You will engage with the cross functional team to drive strategic imperatives, including Marketing, Medical Affairs, Market Access and Commercial Operations. Key to this position is the hiring, training and development of the Oncology Account Managers. In addition to hiring top talent, you will also be able to motivate individuals and a team to high performance. Ideal candidates will have a deep knowledge of the oncology market dynamics that influence business in their area - including key customers, accounts and payers.
Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers and our patients MORE. More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter!
This role will provide/gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the development and execution of individual and regional business plans and manage departmental budget activities as needed
- Hire, direct, develop and manage Oncology Account Managers to meet the needs of customers and drive business
- Identify and apply resources to the development of key prescribers/key account drivers within geography
- Foster a culture grounded in accountability, team work and passion for delivering results
- Hire, develop and manage effective Oncology Account Managers to meet organizational as well as individual needs
- Engage proactively with key customers and account groups to ensure the promotion of both GSK products and company image
- Work cross functionally to maximize brand availability and exposure within key accounts
- Work collaboratively with product management to ensure successful launch and/or ongoing promotion of branded products
- Work with cross functional partners to develop and improve data usage, reports, incentive compensation plans, brand awareness, customer engagement and corporate image
- Engage with leadership on the development of programs and activities that will result in increased access to customers
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor level degree
- Minimum 8 years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Minimum 5 years oncology and/or hematology oncology experience
- Minimum 3 years field management experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus
- Graduate degree
- Multiple myeloma experience preferred
- Product marketing, specialty pharmacy, payer and state society experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on-time and on-budget
- Proven ability to think strategically and work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk Managing individual and team performance. Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams. Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally. Developing people and building a talent pipeline. Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation. Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally. Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.