ViiV Healthcare is seeking a talented, creative investigator with expertise in antibody engineering, he/she will play a key role in the discovery and development of novel biotherapeutics. Join our multidisciplinary team and help advance therapies for HIV treatment/prevention/cure; furthering ViiV Healthcare's mission "to leave no patient behind". At ViiV Healthcare we are committed to development, building on the strengths of the individual, in the context of doing our best for patients.
The successful candidate will have expertise in one or more of these key areas:
• Expertise in molecular biology tasks such as PCR-based cloning, construct design, site-directed mutagenesis, vector engineering, optimization of antibody expression etc.
• A track record of experience in protein structural modeling and use of modeling suites such as MOE, Schrodinger etc.
• Optimize /facilitate assay development (protein/protein and/or cell-based) for antibody characterization to select leads with good biophysical properties and low immunogenicity potential.
• Experience with protein binding assays (Octet, Biacore, ELISA etc.) and protein analytics.
• Selection, optimization and formatting of antibodies, Fabs or single chain fragments.
• Clinical/preclinical discovery of antibody based biotherapeutics.
• Experience with flow cytometry, automation, mass spectrometry and liquid handling is a plus.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD degree or equivalent with experience in molecular/cellular biology or protein engineering.
- Two to five years of relevant pharmaceutical industry and/or academic experience is required.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated knowledge of cellular/protein techniques in the realm of antibody/protein engineering with hands-on experience in modeling, construct design, cloning, expression and purification.
- Good leaderships skills, be organized, meet deadlines and be capable of handling multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and effectively communicate complex scientific data with internal/external opinion leaders and stakeholders.
- Possess a good balance of creative and analytical skills and he/she must be a team player.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.