At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. We are committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our division, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare, is one of the world's largest over-the-counter consumer healthcare products companies. Its more than 30 well-known brands include the leading smoking cessation products, Nicorette® and NicoDerm®CQ® as well as many medicine cabinet staples -- Aquafresh®, Sensodyne®, Abreva®, and TUMS®.
At GSK Consumer Healthcare, our vision is to be the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company, a "fast, fit, and first" global company enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK is a company with great people, brands that matter, and known for best-in-class results. We recognize that culture can have as much impact on a company's performance as does its strategy, and we are proud of who we are. GSK is transforming into a global, consumer-centric company by investing in research that helps us better understand our target consumers and their needs. In turn, these insights are helping us to develop breakthrough product innovations that deliver meaningful solutions. Consumer-centric strategies can only be executed successfully by a consumer-centric culture so our people and processes must be as innovative and brand-focused, diverse and global as our businesses. This means building a highly collaborative, team-oriented organization that can work as one; organizing into global business units that have a world-wide view of their operations; and investing in training and development programs that build world-class expertise. All of this will foster a culture that produces best-in-class results.
Consumer Healthcare MBA summer internship opportunities at GSK exist within US Marketing. During your internship, you will be aligned to one of the business units based on your skill set and desire for specific opportunities. During your internship, you will work on projects critical to the GSK business and will require you to show strategic insight, application of marketing skills, analytical ability and leadership capability. The roles are designed to give you perspective on the healthcare sector, the consumer healthcare business, the marketing function, as well as GSK and our senior management.
Your responsibilities will include the development and management of short and medium term brand strategies including assisting in the development and execution of comprehensive marketing plans that align with the brand strategy, including advertising, promotion, pricing, digital and customer marketing strategy.
Applicants must meet all of the below requirements to be considered:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Currently enrolled in a MBA degree program and will have completed 1st year of an MBA program upon the start of the internship
• Applicant must be able to work on a full-time basis for the duration of the internship - May - August 2020.
• Applicant must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of their employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization.
• Applicant must not require future sponsorship for an employment visa status.
• Proficiency in the following general business areas: communication, analytics, Influencing, collaboration, conflict management, decision making, risk management, personal time management
Prior experience in the following areas:
• Revenue growth management, route-to-market planning and analysis, category or shopper marketing, advertising/media planning, profit and loss analysis and performance against plan, brand/package contribution, brand portfolio management, and changes in packaging.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the following Marketing skills/competencies:
- Identifies key brand growth opportunities supported with robust evidence and develops compelling growth recommendations
- Creates and applies compelling consumer, shopper & expert insights to drive brand growth and equity strength
- Develops brand strategies and plans that integrate shopper insight and activity
- Makes good commercial decisions to maximize profitability whilst maintaining brand growth and equity strength
- Develops and executes integrated communication plans that drive brand growth and equity strength
- Competitive analyses and accurate interpretation of its implications
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.