Mid-Level Environmental Engineer (Hybrid / Remote)
- $100,000 to $130,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Portland, OR (Hybrid), Fully Remote work options will be considered.
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000 per year depending upon experience.
GSI Water Solutions, Inc. (GSI), is an employee-owned hydrogeologic and environmental consulting firm headquartered in Portland, Oregon. As hydrogeologists, engineers, environmental scientists, and water experts, we focus on helping our clients protect our shared natural resources. We help develop and manage environmental resources and ensure the long-term sustainability and reliability of this invaluable resource. As an example, we have long been a champion of using aquifer storage and recovery technologies to save water for drought conditions and provide environmental benefits to fish and streams which may be impacted by development and climate change.
GSI has an established track record of credibility with regulators for providing high quality science and engineering solutions and innovative approaches to address environmental issues. Our environmental work primarily focuses on large scale sediment and upland remediation projects in the Oregon and Washington area. We are currently developing a remedial design for a Project Area within the Portland Harbor Superfund Site, one of the largest contaminated sediment sites in the nation, as well as an ecologically sensitive, tidally influenced sediment site at another location in Oregon. Both require careful consideration of how climate change may impact the remedy.
The ideal candidate is a skilled engineer with experience in the remediation of complex sediment and upland sites to help manage and support a thriving and growing base of projects in Oregon and Washington. This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate, high-performing team of professionals making a positive impact in the industry at an employee-owned company. This is a mid- to senior-level professional position that will be responsible for detailed engineering evaluation, the timely, accurate, and profitable completion of all sized projects, and providing support to leadership.
- Managing as a mid-level engineer and coordinating with principal-level engineer to understand and carry out project management, budgeting, performance, and schedule control priorities for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Reviewing engineering, ecological, and environmental data to develop and design remedial approaches and design documents, prepare reports, meet regulatory requirements, and move projects forward.
- Preparing work plans, technical reports, design documents, and technical specifications.
- Collaborate with staff, clients, stakeholders, and teaming partners to address environmental challenges.
- Provide review and oversight of project work and reports prepared by junior and mid-level staff.
GSI offers a hybrid work schedule to our staff with flexible work hours. The ideal candidate will live in the Portland area and be available to work in the Portland office a minimum of two days per week. Fully remote work options may be considered, with the proper experience. Opportunities also exist for a hybrid work schedule out of our Corvallis, Oregon office. Requires frequent computer use in an office setting and may require sitting for long periods of time at their desk. Must be comfortable working long hours from time-to-time to meet project deadlines. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- 8 to 12 years of environmental engineering experience. The ideal candidate will be proficient with in-water sediment remedial design and implementation.
- Oregon PE and/or Washington PE, or ability to obtain your PE in these states within the next six months.
- Experience working on or managing complex remediation projects.
- Experience preparing work plans, remedial design plans, technical specifications, and technical reports as well as reviewing and interpreting data.
- Experience working with drafters/CAD technicians to develop design drawings.
- Experience working within the CERCLA and RCRA regulatory framework.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and report writing skills.
- Oregon and/or Washington experience strongly desired.
Valued Education and Experience
- BS or MS degree in engineering
- Experience in the remedial design and remedy implementation of in-water and upland sites.
- An understanding of the technical complexities of environmental engineering issues and experience working with EPA and in Oregon and Washington preferred.
- Excellent technical skills with the ability to independently organize and manage work efforts of various types.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and report-writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Employee ownership through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Access to medical and dependent-care flexible spending accounts
- Generous and flexible paid time off
- 401(k) with employer match
- Cell phone stipend
- Reimbursement for professional registrations and renewals
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid time off for certification and licensing exams
- Paid memberships in professional organizations
- Flexible work schedules
- Commuter benefits
GSI is a specialized groundwater, environmental, and water resources consulting firm with offices in Oregon, Washington, and California. At GSI we take pride in being a company that treats its employees with respect and fairness and strives for all team members to feel they belong, have valuable insights, and can grow with us. We support environmental justice, green practices, and carbon footprint reduction, and we are actively seeking out a diverse candidate pool of applicants. GSI is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
GSI Water Solutions, Inc.Portland, OR
Energy and Environment
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.