Environmental Senior Project Manager
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Environmental Senior Project Manager
Job Type: Full-Time preferred, Exempt, Salaried
Reports to: Environmental Practice Lead
Location: Portland, Oregon. Office located in Liberty Center, two blocks from the Convention Center.
GSI Water Solutions, Inc. is seeking a senior level Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Environmental Scientist to join its team of environmental professionals in Portland, Oregon. In this role, you will be working with our junior staff to manage medium and large superfund projects. We are actively seeking out applicants with strong technical, time management, and writing skills.
In this role you will be:
- Coordinating with clients and staff to manage the budgeting, performance, and reporting of multiple projects simultaneously
- Move sites forward in both the assessment and remedial phases, review environmental data to develop and design assessment and remedial approaches and develop documents, prepare reports, meet regulatory requirements, and maintain project schedules
- Mentoring junior staff
- Communicating regularly with clients and management
- Preparing technical memorandums and summaries as required by client
Travel and Field Work
Occasional travel within the Portland area to visit site locations and meet with clients.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Professional Engineer or Geologist license preferred
Education and Experience
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- BS degree in engineering or geology or related environmental science (Master's degree preferred)
- 10+ years of environmental experience
- Experience working on Oregon DEQ and/or Washington DOE cleanup sites strongly desired
- Experience with the assessment of sediment sites strongly desired
- Experience preparing work plans, technical reports, and managing project budgets
- Strong technical knowledge
- Possess excellent communication, organizational, and report-writing skills
- Have the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Have a desire to mentor junior staff
- Employee-Owned company through Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Hybrid work schedules with ability to work from home
- Highly competitive medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance plans
- Access to medical and dependent-care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous and flexible paid time off
- 401k with employer matching
- Cell phone reimbursement benefit to assist with the cost of using a personal cell phone for business purposes
- Reimbursement for professional registrations and renewals
- Paid time off for certification and licensing exams
- Paid memberships in professional organizations
- Paid attendance at professional conferences in support of career development
- We offer an excellent benefits and PTO package, flexible work environment, as well as the opportunity to be a part of a growing employee-owned business. At GSI we focus on providing our clients with an excellent work product, while maintaining work life balance for our staff. If you are interested in working in a growing office with a great team, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume and provide a brief cover letter telling us a little about yourself.
GSI is an employee-owned water resources and environmental management consulting firm whose employees provide innovative solutions to our clients' groundwater, environmental contamination, and water resources challenges. Our team members are passionate, motivated, and team-oriented professionals who strive to be leaders in the water industry and are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of service and technical capabilities.
GSI Water Solutions, Inc.
Get fresh Environmental Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.