IT Systems Specialist I
- Posted: over a month ago
The IT Systems Specialist must be a professional capable of working independently within a corporate framework while using technological knowledge to provide solutions for the business. Candidates must be proficient in the areas of systems, networking, virtual platforms, desktops, laptops, smart devices, and cloud operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot user incidents independently and aid our in-house employees with varying levels of experience with hardware and software
- Respond to helpdesk calls and emails. Accept support calls on occasion that fall outside of regular business hours.
- Research on-going and/or foreseeable IT problems, provide workarounds and resolutions to minimize impact to business
- Communicate effectively with different vendors and suppliers of IT services to resolve problems, purchase supplies and services, etc.
- Work in a team environment while taking full responsibility until closure for user incidents.
- Fulfillment and deployment of various user requests in a timely manner
- Constantly keep track of all IT assets and maintain inventory
- Granting and revoking user accesses, conducting annual user access reviews, assessing security flaws, and implementing changes
- Conduct monthly scheduled weekend maintenance and perform hardware/software updates
- Provide software training to employees with varying levels of proficiency.
- Constantly learn and/or deploy new hardware or software as required.
- Recognize areas where technology can improve productivity and make recommendations to IT Operations Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 2-year degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college/university and three (3) years’ work experience in IT systems’ support and administration.
- CompTIA A+ and Microsoft MTA certifications are preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of network administration and networking devices such as routers, switches, wireless access points and VOIP
- Basic knowledge of server administration and server equipment such as Dell PowerEdge servers
- Basic understanding of cloud computing such as Azure and AWS
- Minimum 2 year of experience with Office 365 Administration
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Active Directory and Windows Server.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with Windows, Android, and IOS platforms.
GSI Service Group, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?