Environmental Scientist I
- Posted: over a month ago
The Environmental Scientist I provides basic technical assistance on a variety of project types while working under the general supervision of more senior personnel. The Environmental Scientist I may work on projects involving environmental compliance programs, field investigations, site characterization, data analyses, lead/asbestos hazard & solid waste surveys, final reports & deliverables, risk assessments, Phase I/II assessments, and other projects for the military, federal, state, county, as well as various commercial/private sector clients.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provides technical assistance on all project types while working under the general supervision of more senior personnel.
- Collects, evaluates and analyzes project-specific data.
- Prepares sections of reports, and is responsible for ensuring accuracy and quality of work products.
- Selects and applies standard techniques and procedures while using judgment when conducting project work.
- Takes direction from field supervisors.
- Completes field forms accurately and with attention to detail.
- Learns proper procedures, and knows how to apply them in the office and in the field.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn scientific principles.
- Coordinates deadlines and schedules with managers.
- Is aware of applicable rules and regulations and applies them to projects.
- Short-term organizational projects to support the division
- Other administrative and miscellaneous office duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have Bachelor's degree in a field of scientific study, such as engineering, physical/chemical/biological science, environmental science, or similar.
- 1-2 years’ experience in related work preferred.
- Must provide a clean drivers abstract upon hire.
GSI Service Group, Inc.
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?