- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for a full range of rough and finished skilled carpentry work. Works from blueprints, specification, drawings and instructions to design, build, remodel, retrofit, maintain and repair various types of facilities and structures; inspects completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design, construct, remodel, retrofit and repair interior and exterior structures made of a variety of materials.
- Design, construct, remodel, retrofit and repair cabinet, shelving, partitions, flooring, door and window frames, etc. Install partitions, doors, windows, and furniture.
- Read and comprehend plans and blueprints; make rough sketches, estimate cost, time and materials of carpentry projects.
- Ensure work meets code and specifications.
- Perform heavy physical labor, train and direct work of other staff.
- Clean, maintain, adjust, calibrate, and service equipment used in performance of duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from high school, supplemented by completion of a union, private, military or trade school apprenticeship.
- 10 years of related experience in performing construction work.
- 4 years journey-level experience working as a carpenter in a commercial, industrial or facilities operation setting including both rough and finish carpentry.
- Must have some safety training experience.
- Ability to follow and give oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of shop practices and skills in using shop tools and equipment.
- Ability to read and follow blue prints, translate into fabricated products.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform related duties and responsibilities of their job, including heavy lifting.
GSI Service Group, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?