CDL A Local Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GSA Staffing is currently looking for a local Class A driver in Sandston, VA for a steel warehouse. Please submit a resume with your application.
With great attendance and an outstanding work ethic, employees will be eligible for great benefits, from tuition reimbursement to training and development opportunities. Upon completion of the temp assignment, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, commuter, long-term disability and group life insurance is also offered. Come join our team!
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure, and notify warehouse if rebuilding the load is required for safety.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Secure cargo for transport, blocks, chain, binders, or tarps.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting oversized loads.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Minimum of 3 years Class A experience.
- No major moving violations in the last 2 years.
- 1 year flatbed experience, most recent pulling 53’ flats and driving 3 axle conventional sleeper trucks, oversized load experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable with securing all types of flatbed freight with chains, binders, and straps.
- Willing to undergo a background check and drug screen.
- ** MUST BE VACCINATED FOR COVID ****
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at GSA Staffing