GS Engineering Maumee, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Electroforming Specialist
FLSA Exemption: Non-Exempt
Location: GS Engineering, Maumee, OH
GS Engineering is a leading Thermoforming and Soft Trim tooling manufacturer for grained soft touch interior automotive components. Our tooling produces interior trim components for many of the biggest automotive manufacturers around the globe. We are actively looking for an Electroforming Specialist.
Electroforming Specialist Job Description
GS Engineering is looking for an Electroforming Specialist who will be responsible for the operation of our electroformed nickel line and will contribute to process development. The role requires a highly organized analytical mind set, exceptional technical acumen, a very high level of detail orientation, and an ability to work well with other in a team setting. An ability to communicate effectively is critical.
This role also requires the ability to synthesize creative, economic, and actionable solutions based on a variety of academic and industry resources to continuously improve our process.
This is a multi-functional, hands on, role. You will be responsible for daily process control, process development and tuning as well as execution of experiments as necessary to support R&D. The electroforming specialist will also supervise and participate in activities related to capital improvement or upgrades.
At times, the electroforming specialist will also be involved in R&D and development activities tangentially, but not directly, related to electroforming.
GS Engineering is a rapidly expanding organization which translates into excellent growth opportunities for our employees. As a company that puts significant weight behind personal growth, it will be required that you constantly work to improve yourself professionally. It is a core requirement for this role that a successful candidate must be willing to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
Electroforming Specialist Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily process control and process improvement of nickel electroforming tanks.
- Conduct and track experimental (DOE) activities by leveraging available technical and manufacturing resources.
- Contribute to identifying capital and manufacturing resources required for both volume production and development work.
- Support tracking and execution of design validation testing.
- This role may supervise one or more technicians.
- Extensive experience with nickel electroforming or plating is a requirement.
- A degree in chemistry or chemical engineering is a plus
- Exceptional technical acumen, especially a demonstrated ability to contribute in disciplines unrelated to your primary area of expertise
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Ability to work cross-functionally with engineers, technicians, and colleagues around the world
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping & organizational skills
- Great overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office & e-mail programs
- A desire to increase the effectiveness of yourself and your teammates
- Very competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- 401k with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Paid Life / AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Optional Long-Term Disability / Supplemental Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- ... and More!
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at GS Engineering