Facility Mechanic / Handyman
- Posted: over a month ago
- $21 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Performs general repairs and maintenance to the plant building and grounds, as directed by work orders, inspection list or maintenance supervisor.
· Repair damaged walls, floors and ceilings.
· Prepare and paint walls and ceilings.
· Unclog toilets and urinals; replace toilet and urinal components.
· Unclog sinks and drains, replace components.
· Repair plumbing leaks of all types (air, gas, water, etc.)
· Repair roof leaks.
· Repair doors and windows as required.
· Complete tasks indicated on work orders, inspections and A.I.B. checklists as directed by supervisor.
· Drive forklift as directed.
· Change light bulbs and tubes, ballast and lighting components.
· Change/wash filters and perform light repair to HVAC & Swamp Cooler equipment.
· Supplement maintenance mechanics as directed by maintenance supervision.
· Move and uncrate equipment, hang signs, pictures and perform general handy work.
- Keeps work area clean. Perform cleaning of area assigned.
- Assists in the training of new personnel.
- Provides suggestions to improve process, procedures and department in support of company goals
- Follows Company, GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance with the HACCP program and AIB gold standard.
· Follows all food safety principles and legal requirements
- Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork.
- Works in a safe manner, observing all safety requirements.
- Participates in monthly departmental meetings.
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends.
- Other duties, as assigned.Qualifications and Education Requirements
At least 1 year exp. as a building/facility mechanic
- Light construction or remodeling experience. Familiar with all construction tools including welding, brazing, and pipe sweating.
- Carpentry, plumbing, painting skills
- Light electrical troubleshooting skills with lighting and wall outlet circuits.
14200 Arminta St. Panorama CityLos Angeles, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at GRUMA Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?