Location: Charleston, SC
GRSi, a Maryland Tech Council Top5 Technology Company in Maryland is experiencing industry leading growth, recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the country for 5 years, and led by Maryland’s CEO of the Year. As part of our growth, we are searching for a Splunk Administrator to join our growing team. This position is based in Charleston, SC.
Position Description: Splunk Administrator performing the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the Splunk software. Functions include planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software; managing accounts, network rights; managing systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability; implementing security procedures and tools; developing and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures; resolving significant hardware/software interface and interoperability problems; ensuring systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency; maintaining systems configuration; managing the installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and enhancements; and ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices. Experience with user account management and associated DoD security practices.
- Top Secret Clearance
Position Requirements and Duties:
- Research and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks where possible
- Managing systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
- Developing and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures
- Ensuring systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency; maintaining systems configuration
- Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices
- One to three years of hands on experience as a Splunk Administrator performing the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Splunk.
- Experience with DoD security practices
- Splunk Certified systems administrator
- 8570 IAT Level II Certification and CND Infrastructure Support Certification
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Splunk systems
- Experience with logical volume management
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts as well as industry best practices to include virtualization technologies and management tools
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience with shell scripting. Bash, Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience with RedHat/CentOS
- Experience with various storage technologies such as SAN, NFS, virtual SAN, iSCSI, or direct attached
- Knowledge of rsyslog routing, queuing, and filtering
GRSi is an ISO certified and CMMI/dev-ML3 rated professional services organization with expertise that covers all areas of information technology and professional engineering services -- from systems integration; Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development; multi-tier infrastructure support; to full spectrum cyber security and enterprise systems support. Regardless of the program or the task, the excellence of GRSi is all about the people. Our greatest asset is our ability to attract and retain highly qualified professionals and our record growth this past year means new opportunity.
GRSi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition) citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability status, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*2020 – MD Tech Council Top 5 Government Contractor, 3rd year*
*2020 – Inc Magazine Fastest Growing Companies, 5th year*
*2020 – G2Xchange NXT UP Federal Emerging Technology and Consulting Firms*
*2019 – MD Tech Council CEO of the Year*
*ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 20000 Certified / CMMI-ML3 Appraised*