Senior Desktop Support Technician
Location: Bethesda, MD
GRSi, a Maryland Tech Council Top5 Technology Company in Maryland is experiencing industry leading growth, recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the country for 5 years, and led by Maryland’s CEO of the Year. As part of our growth, we are searching for a driven and dynamic Senior Desktop Support Technician to provide leading edge desktop solutions to world renowned healthcare and research organizations in the Washington, DC metro area, and around the world. This position is based in Bethesda, MD.
What you will be doing:
Providing hardware and software support to a diversified staff and end user population. Experience supporting both the Mac and Windows OS. Strong customer service and communication skills are key as this role involves heavy face to face customer support.
You have experience with:
- Configuring, installing, and supporting desktops, laptops, handheld devices, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other peripherals.
- Providing enhanced VIP desktop and user support service.
- Configuring IT devices for secure operation, including installation of security software, software updates, and other configurations as required.
- Providing software support for users of NIH-provided applications (as identified by the task).
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines as needed.
- Using an IT ticket system, responsible for receiving and tracking the trouble tickets, assign them to a technical specialist for action and ensures that their tickets are resolved, and closing out with the customer and in the system.
Who you are:
- Bachelors and 5 years or Associates degree and 8+ years of technical support (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Experience in current desktop and laptop computers.
- Experience supporting various operating systems – expertise should include Windows 7/10; and some MAC OS (ideally 10.8 and above).
- 3+ years of technical support experience in Microsoft suite.
- Experience using ticketing system (preferably Service Now).
- Strong customer service and end user equipment support skills; preferably with some experience support VIPs (MUST).
- Strong written and oral communications required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; ideally in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Social Science
- One or more of the following certifications is desired:
- Apple Certified Support Professional
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA A+
GRSi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition) citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability status, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply:
To Apply - Submit Your Resume to:
GRSi Recruiting at email@example.com
For more information, call: 240-236-0800 option 3
Innovation, Collaboration and Agility - at GRSi these aren't buzz words, they're our mantra.
GRSi is an ISO certified and CMMI/dev-ML3 rated professional services organization with expertise that covers all areas of information technology and professional engineering services -- from systems integration; Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development; multi-tier infrastructure support; to full spectrum cyber security and enterprise systems support. Regardless of the program or the task, the excellence of GRSi is all about the people. Our greatest asset is our ability to attract and retain highly qualified professionals and our record growth this past year means new opportunity.
*2020 – MD Tech Council Top 5 Government Contractor, 3rd year*
*2020 – Inc Magazine Fastest Growing Companies, 5th year*
*2020 – G2Xchange NXT UP Federal Emerging Technology and Consulting Firms*
*2019 – MD Tech Council CEO of the Year*
*ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 20000 Certified / CMMI-ML3 Appraised*