- Expired: July 08, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Department: NC Net Engineering
Reports To: Director of Engineering
WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 160 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our debut at #2,660 on Inc. Magazine's list of fastest growing companies in 2019. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $130 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: The Database Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the current Grover database assets, as well as building scalable, highly reliable, real time databases. The Database Administrator will support the building of systems that will be capable of supporting a large volume of users and transactions within the gaming industry.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exemplify the core values of our company: Passion, Adaptability, Reliability and Teamwork
- Help drive innovation within Grover Gaming by providing leading edge data frameworks for new products and steadily looking for improvements to existing products.
- Developing user friendly reports based on user requirements to meet client expectations.
- Should be able to perform Ad hoc reporting and exploratory data analysis upon request
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data performance, security, privacy and integrity
- Evaluation and recommendation of database technologies.
- Ensuring the security of company data
- Help develop processes and methods to improve quality and change management
- Requires multi-tasking and excellent prioritization of projects and tasks to align with business objectives.
- Self-motivated and strive to meet milestone dates and company goals.
- Clearly articulate complex ideas to peers and stakeholders understanding your audience.
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and deploying databases on Microsoft SQL Server, Pervasive SQL. MySQL, or a comparable platform.
- Must be a team player with a passion for developing high quality database architecture.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Experience monitoring database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Power BI, Tableau, Sql Server Reporting Services or similar reporting tool.
- Experience with SSIS and/or Azure data factory.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Azure SQL as a service
- Experience using the .NET framework
- Experience with Azure Cosmos DB, LiteDB, MongoDB, SQLite
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Experience working in the slot and/or pull tabs electronic gaming industry
- Class 2 and Electronic Bingo Experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.
TechnologyView all jobs at Grover Gaming