Senior Auditor (For-Profit)
- Medical , Life Insurance , Retirement
GRF CPAs & Advisors is seeking a Senior Auditor to join our For-Profit Audit practice. The Senior Auditor is responsible for the execution of the audit engagement, supervision of staff, and preparation of the audited financial statements (of primarily for-profit organizations and government contractors). They will coordinate and oversee the planning, fieldwork, review and reporting of audit outcomes. The Senior Auditor will interface with clients remotely to start, but must be flexible to manage engagements at client’s premises in the future.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare audited financial statements by applying working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, standards of quality control documents and ASU’s auditing standards
- Perform diversified auditing assignments including, for-profit and government contracting audits
- Lead and instruct audit staff during engagements. You will oversee, review and edit their work
- Plan the scope of work required for each engagement, selecting the transactions that need to be tested and prioritizing the order in which the test work is to be completed
- Schedule engagements and delegate assignments to staff
- Perform or direct test work during each engagement to include testing cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable and fixed assets
- Communicate with clients about the requirements of each audit, coordinate the submission of necessary materials and provide periodic status updates
- Communicate engagement status updates to firm partners and managers
- Prepare necessary reports at the end of each audit, which includes drafting the financial statement, audit report, required governance and management letters outlining the results of the audit
- Clearly articulate ideas both orally and in writing and write concise, detailed documented findings
- Coordinates staff and budgets time to meet engagement deliverable deadlines
- Conduct organic business development with the client in order to increase revenue
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Should possess a current & valid CPA license or be eligible and actively pursuing passing all four parts of the CPA exam
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills and be well versed in relevant accounting software. Caseware preferred
- Must have working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP, GAAS)
- Experience in For-Profit Audits, Government Contracting audit experience a plus
- Ability to work independently, use sound judgment and prioritize tasks
- Must be punctual and have excellent analytical, interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and timelines and challenging client requirements
This is a full time position. Our office is located two blocks from the Bethesda Metro Station (red line). Our benefits include a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, 100% paid individual medical, life and disability insurance, student loan repayment, and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from you!
GRF CPAs & Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. At GRF CPAs and Advisors, we cultivate an inclusive business environment where all employees are valued for their unique contributions to our mission to provide exceptional financial, tax and consulting services to our clients in the US and around the world.
GRF CPAs & AdvisorsBethesda, MD
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.