- Expired: November 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
GRF CPAs & Advisors is seeking an Audit Manager to join our Audit practice. The Audit Manager is the liaison between the partner, the client, and the professional staff. Managers are responsible for managing multiple auditing projects and client engagements simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing, and coordinating engagement workflow. Managers develop and train staff, and make associations to develop new business for the firm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must adhere to the Firm's system of Quality Control.
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation, or review engagement.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client's business.
- Plans, schedules and staffs engagements using firm policies and procedures.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews and makes staff assignments accordingly.
- Prepares engagement letter for approval by partner.
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff.
- Adheres to engagement time budgets.
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports.
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise.
- Keeps partner informed of significant developments on engagements; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that financial statements and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with professional and firm standards.
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to client.
- Develops staff by assisting in performance evaluations, recruiting, and training.
- Communicates details of fees to clients, and assists in collection of overdue accounts.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm's philosophy and its opinions on financial matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Acts as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners.
- Participates in firm's practice and proposal development efforts.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and at least six (6) years' experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of engagements managed.
- A current and valid certified public accountant's license is required.
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs.
- Proficiency in use of accounting software. Caseware preferred.
- Effective written and oral communications with employees, partners, clients, and vendors.
- Organize projects set priorities and delegate tasks under constantly changing circumstances for different clients and partners
- Assume lead role in planning and implementing assigned projects
- Keep long term objectives in mind while focusing on daily activities
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive firm and client information
- Demonstrated ability to bring in new business
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills, as well as to maintain license requirements.
- Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Acts as mentor to less experienced staff
This is a full time position. Our office is located two blocks from the Bethesda Metro Station (red line). Our benefits include a 401(k) plan with profit sharing, 100% paid individual medical, life and disability insurance, student loan repayment, and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from you!
GRF CPAs & Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. At GRF CPAs and Advisors, we cultivate an inclusive business environment where all employees are valued for their unique contributions to our mission to provide exceptional financial, tax and consulting services to our clients in the US and around the world.
GRF CPAs Advisors
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Audit Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.