We are GRAYBOX, an award-winning Digital Consulting Agency located in Portland, OR. We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes and digital marketing campaigns. If it touches the internet, we can probably help with it. Whatever we do, we’re always focused on having a positive long-lasting impact on our partners’ business. We pride ourselves on our ability to wrap our heads around complex problems and overcome challenges as a team. Plus, we make some mean pancakes!
You are a talented Sr. UX / UI Designer who is passionate about planning, crafting & designing amazing online experiences. This role requires someone who is detail-oriented and can collaborate closely with our clients to make their goals real. You’ll be working every day with clients and our designers to invent and develop beautiful design systems for websites and applications. You have a unique ability to deeply understand our client’s brands and articulate that into a visual language. Your unique perspective elevates the design work and sets the tone of each project. You sweat the details and work with Strategists, UX Designers and Front-End Developers to ensure each solution is engaging, inspiring, and of high-quality.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Day-to-day, you will work as a senior-level leader within our creative practice and collaborate with our other teams to work with clients, understand users, represent brands, organize information, develop and test workflows, and create stunning visual designs.
- Develop design systems and experiences for clients in collaboration with our Creative Director, other designers and content strategists
- Organize websites, storefronts, and applications via sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes
- Lead market research and usability studies
- Work with and/or create the visual direction of digital projects
- Work with other designers on the creative team to flesh out their ideas, concepts & tasks
- Lead and participate in design reviews and critiques
- Present and defend work to project stakeholders
- Ensure the quality of work remains high throughout the project
- You love to learn and love to teach
- You have never met a whiteboard you didn’t like
- You love to push yourself and learn new things
- You are passionate about design
- You are independent, highly-motivated, dependable, and highly-experienced
- You have the ability to advise and consult on best practices and trends in design
- You have the ability to communicate your ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- 8+ years experience in UX design
- A strong portfolio of high-quality digital design work
- A passion and strong understanding of design concepts
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with clients and team members
- Ability to contribute to team growth and process improvement
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and prototyping software like InVision
- Strong experience in agile/scrum environments
- Ability to communicate design decisions and UX principles and document in writing
- Ability to present and defend work to clients (in person or via video)
- Great taste for design and organization
- Able to contribute to team growth and process improvement
The successful candidate would be independent, motivated, dependable, and highly experienced. Need to be able to give you tasks and deadlines and know you can deliver. Also looking for someone who can advise and consult on best practices as we build various sites. Someone who loves to learn and who loves to teach.
Great communication and client care is a must. You will be interacting with clients and collaborating with our staff daily, so it's important you can communicate well and learn to empathize and care about your client's needs. This is not a pure “design” position — building great experiences is important, but building great client relationships is essential.
- Competitive Salary
- Various options for Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Lots of little insurance options (disability, life insurance, pet insurance, etc)
- $1,000 / Year Education Budget (books, conferences, etc.)
- 10 Days PTO and 10 Days floating Holidays
- Work-Life Balance
- Retirement 401(K)
- Wonderful views of Portland and Mt. Hood
- Position is onsite in our awesome inner SE Portland office.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity/expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it.
We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.