GRAYBOX is looking for talented developers to contribute to the design, development, and deployment of Shopify and BigCommerce projects alongside our internal ecommerce team.
Successful candidates would be motivated, dependable, and highly-experienced. We are looking for team members who can both take direction and work with our in-house teams with the ability to self organize and work independently when needed.
The role will be based in Portland, OR.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Development of new ecommerce websites on the Shopify and BigCommerce platforms
- Building and customizing Shopify themes within the Liquid framework
- Building and customizing BigCommerce themes within the Stencil framework
- Optimization of sites for speed utilizing the latest responsive and mobile design techniques
- Tuning and debug web applications alongside remote teams
- 2+ years of web development experience with Shopify and BigCommerce
- Basic understanding of SEO in regards to design best practices
- Basic understanding of UI/UX standards for ecommerce
- Acute attention to detail with the ability to deliver projects on-time and on budget
- Experience with GIT, JSON, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, and RESTful API’s
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise way.
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it.
We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.