Sr. Full-Stack Website Developer
GRAYBOX Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
GRAYBOX is looking for a talented Sr. Full-Stack Website Developer to join our team and work with us to lead multiple CMS-driven projects. The position requires someone who is comfortable working in a wide variety of CMSs and codebases.
Day-to-day, you will work with different codebases and within different PHP-based CMSs, such as WordPress, Craft, ExpressionEngine, and Drupal. If you're a confident web developer and a senior team leader who can see a project from start to end with a focus on serving our clients well, we'd like to hear from you.
A key requirement of this job is that you must really love to build websites — this role is leading the team to build fantastic website experiences that share unique brand stories for our client-partners. Please share your passion for crafting artful websites and examples of your best work when you apply.
- You'll be working primarily with Wordpress, Drupal 7-9, Craft, and Expression Engine 2-6
- Analyze existing code and make dynamic refactoring changes as needed
- Create custom CMS themes and plugins
- Be a creative problem solver, with and ability to understand and communicate micro and macro details
- Be a confident developer and senior team leader, excited by learning and absorbing new technologies but also supporting legacy code and making it better
- Build intuitive, SEO friendly, and performance optimized back-end systems.
- Plan and execute large-scale content migrations (25k + Posts) from legacy systems into our new projects.
- Integrate sites with APIs for systems like SquareSpace, Shopify, WooCommerce, EventBrite, Brightcove, Google Maps, MailChimp and hundreds of others.
- Write Features & Functions documentation prior to starting projects.
- Help with Support Requests on legacy CMSs as necessary.
- Provide Technical Leadership on CMS-driven projects
- Mentor, coach, and train more junior team members, including performing code reviews
- Work alongside the team Project Manager to plan, estimate costs/timeline/resources, and conduct work breakdowns in Jira for full-scale website builds
- Collaborate with internal Creative and Quality Control teams to ensure fidelity of designs and functionality against approved mock ups
- 7+ years of web development experience (ideally in an agency/client services background, but not necessary)
- Strong familiarity with Wordpress, Craft, Expression Engine or Drupal CMS or other PHP-based CMS development
- A strong portfolio of recent web development projects
- A passion and strong understanding of UX design and a great portfolio to prove it
- Strong experience in responsive web design
- Comfortable with Git
- Skilled at both simple & complex hosting systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with clients and team members
- Ability to communicate design decisions and UX principles and document in writing
- Able to contribute to team growth and process improvement
- Experience with bringing design to life using visual prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, etc.
- Dedication to producing high quality, scalable, and well-documented code with diligent practice of testing your work
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 10 days PTO + 10 Floating Holidays (you pick meaningful holidays to you)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
- $1,000 Annual Education Allowance
- 401k + 4% Salary Match
- Group Term Life insurance
- Lots of small benefit options (Disability, Aflac, Pet Insurance, Etc)
- 5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Location & Remote Work
- Role is open to anywhere in the USA, but Portland is preferred.
- Our Portland Office if currently closed
- When it reopens — if within 50 miles of Portland, the expectation is a flexible schedule with part-time office use and part-time work from home
- Working while traveling is okay — just do good work on time
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it.
We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.
TechnologyView all jobs at GRAYBOX