IT HELP DESK SPECIALIST 1
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The IT Help Desk Specialist I will be responsible for internal support of the company’s PCs, printers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations. Provides maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk.
- Provide level 1 helpdesk support and resolves problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Monitor, prioritize, escalate, and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk Zendesk ticketing system.
- Uses judgment to properly identify and escalate problems when required to the appropriately experienced Graphcom support specialist.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstations.
- Assist in maintaining documentation and record keeping.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Install, test, and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Create/modify users and groups in Active Directory.
- Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position and as assigned by the IT Manager.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 1-3 years of previous help desk experience preferred.
- CompTIA A+ and/or Network+ preferred but not necessary.
- Good hardware and software troubleshooting skills a must.
- Ability to easily learn new software and skills and constantly be expanding your knowledge of the systems and environment.
- Ability to manage priorities and work independently.
- Telecommuting limited and allowed only when approved by the IT Manager.
- Required travel 5-10% to various Graphcom locations.
- Occasional weekend or evening maintenance work required.
- Must complete Graphcom required trainings upon new hire and annually thereafter (HIPAA, Information Security, Medicare Fraud Waste and Abuse, Lockout/Tag Out, Harassment Prevention, Suspicious Packages Awareness, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Fire Extinguisher Training, HazCom/Right to know and Emergency Action Plan).
- Position requires an AA/AS degree in computer related field or two years relevant experience; or the combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
- Valid Driver's License.
TechnologyView all jobs at GRAPHCOM Inc