Associate Director, Product
- Posted: over a month ago
GQG PARTNERS LLC
Associate Director, Product
ABOUT GQG PARTNERS
GQG Partners is an SEC registered investment advisor with Asset under Management of approximately USD 80 Billion. GQG offers long only equity strategies and investment management services to institutional, wholesale and retail clients across the globe. The company is headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale FL, with offices in New York, Seattle, London, and Sydney. GQG is publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange. The company currently employs approximately 150 associates.
GQG is passionate about investing and strives for the highest levels of excellence in a competitive industry. It is our responsibility to help investors secure their financial future and we are honored that our clients entrust us with their financial capital. We endeavor to create a business that is closely aligned with our clients’ financial interests. And we strive for success at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity, and a deep knowledge of the markets.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Associate Director/Director, Product
Hiring Manager: Matthew Bogdan, Head of Product
Location(s): US - Remote, Seattle, WA, Fort Lauderdale, FL or New York, NY
The Product team consists of subject matter experts of GQG’s investable products, defining and leading the delivery of GQG’s equity strategies (Global, International, Emerging Markets, US) across various vehicles (SMAs, mutual funds, AU funds, CITs, UCITS funds, private funds). Members of the team typically have a CFA or MBA, or progress towards one, and knowledge of asset management, stock fundamentals, modern portfolio theory, and industry software/analytics.
The position within the Product team will report to the Head of Product, and will primarily interact with the investment, sales, marketing, and data teams. They will have a high level of exposure to senior investment professionals and are expected to be an active participant in weekly strategy meetings with the Investment team. The role will focus on the global equity market, GQG’s equity strategies, and competitive positioning to achieve the objective of producing investment data, research, ad hoc issue/question resolution, commentary, materials, and other insights for use by the firm and its clients. The position will be directly involved in bringing new business into the firm, contributing to a growing team at a growing firm, with career advancement potential.
- Intellectually curious, maintaining deep, product-related knowledge for our global equity strategies, including investment process, portfolio positioning, performance, attribution, assets, investment team members, and investment updates
- Partner with the investment team to create and update a strong, consistent suite of core product marketing and thought leadership materials, in collaboration with marketing colleagues
- Design, modify, and produce regularly scheduled (quarterly, monthly) product materials (pitchbooks, factsheets, portfolio analysis, etc.), customizing them as needed for finals presentations, using scalable/automatable software/analytics.
- Design, modify, and produce ad hoc sales ideas/ways to advocate the product (e.g. LinkedIn posts, though leadership ideas).
- Engaged both internally and externally as a subject matter expert to assist in asset raising
- Collaborate with the Product team to define focus areas, business development initiatives, areas for training, and develop target lists
- Research and fulfill ad hoc inquiries and requests from clients, prospects, internal teams, or other client-facing professionals for portfolio attributes, market views, outlooks, and current investment strategy and positioning
- Partner with the data team to improve firm analytics and ensure accuracy of information in external databases
- Analyze and report on the competitive positioning of our products, often using tools like Morningstar, eVestment, Bloomberg, FactSet, and/or others
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the investment-management industry (or related investment experience), with direct Product Management/Development/Specialist experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Economics or Finance a plus, with a CFA or MBA or active plans to pursue
- Broad knowledge of investment-management, financial-market, sales process, client needs, market trends, and competitive landscape and desire/confidence to speak to these points internally and externally
- Strong quantitative orientation, evaluating and manipulating data for analytical and investment research use, paired with strong verbal, writing, and marketing skills
- Experience with industry software such as Morningstar Direct, eVestment, Bloomberg, CapIQ, and/or FactSet, as well as advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Creative, analytical, motivated self-starter with ability to work both independently as well as part of a team in a deadline-driven environment
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
GQG Partners LLC
AddressFort Lauderdale, FL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?