We’ve got a great opportunity for a talented software developer. Our company, GPS Trackit, is working on cutting edge technology solutions in the IoT space, utilizing many of the latest and most exciting technologies, such as IoT, the AWS cloud, AI/Machine Learning, serverless technologies, React web and native, and many more.
We offer outstanding benefits, as well as company-sponsored training. This opportunity is a great chance to get experience with the latest and greatest technologies while getting to work with an amazing team, focused on delivering world class solutions for our customers.
Our developers get a lot of cross training and experience with both front and back end development, so the days are always exciting and they’re always learning something new. We strive to be a place where developers love to work!
The Software Engineer conceptualizes, creates, and modifies Company software applications. The Engineer analyzes user needs and develops software solutions accordingly. This role identifies complex problems and reviews solutions to maximize product effectiveness, usability, and stability. Solutions are chosen with consideration of financial, resource, and market demand factors.
The essential functions of the role include:
- Work alongside the development and product teams to create software products to solve Fleet and Mobile Resource Management problems
- Design, document, and maintain software solutions
- Perform code reviews of other developer’s work
- Coach and mentor more junior team members in both technology and development processes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and at least 5 years building software solutions. An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Ability to work with relational and non-relational databases
The following skills are highly desirable:
- Professional experience building solutions on AWS (CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Lambda, AppSync, API Gateway, etc)
- Hands-on experience building micro services with Node.js
- Experience with React