GPS Staffing is a nationwide preferred provider of staffing and recruitment services. GPS has over 25 years of dedicated staffing partnerships with organizations ranging from International Fortune 500 companies to Colorado startups. Our team is committed to Growth, People and Success!
Title: Associate Scientist III, Acute Neurology and Epilepsy
Job ID: 1309
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 1-Year Contract
Pay Rate: Depends on Experience (Hourly W2)
The Acute Neurology and Epilepsy Research Unit seeks a highly motivated associate scientist to join our research team. The individual's primary responsibility is to support a small molecule drug discovery program for treatment of stroke or epilepsy.
- Design and execution of assays and experiments to screen compounds
- Whole blood assays for compound screening
- Analysis that includes generation of IC50 curves
- Ex vivo tissue analysis for rodent PK/PD
- Multiplexed MSD, ELISA, Western, qPCR
- Research on pertinent literature on biology and experimental methods
- Collaboration with team members
- Clear communication and presentation of results
- Expertise with in vitro assay development, in the context of a drug discovery program
- Multiplexed MSD assays, ELISA, protein extraction, and Western Blot
- Tissue isolation from rodents and ex vivo tissue analysis
- Excellent technical skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Experience with animal handling and in vivo modeling
- qRT-PCR, RNA quantitation; cell culture and aseptic techniques
- B.S./M.S. in biological sciences
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in industry
We will not respond to everyone personally - qualified candidates will be contacted for a screening.
Please submit your resume in a word document.