Senior Software Engineer (Shotgun / Shotgrid)
GPL Technologies Atlanta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At GPL Technologies, our mission is to provide powerful, reliable, and innovative technology services and leadership to creative companies by combining specialized industry expertise with excellence in engineering. We are a rapidly growing technology services firm that cater to some of Hollywood’s most notable movie studios, gaming companies, visual effects houses, and advertising firms. Our vision is to expand GPL’s presence globally, building an elite force of technology specialists focused on empowering creatives to achieve new heights.
Working under the direction of the Principal Software Engineer and reporting to the VP of Software Services, you will work closely with clients to understand their user stories and translate them into efficient artist workflows by providing intuitive, effective and elegant tools. You will collaborate with engineers, architects, developers, clients and operations experts on a variety of projects across a range of disciplines. In addition, you will:
- Design, build, test, debug and document new and existing software components to ensure that business, quality and operational needs are met or exceeded.
- Build high quality code with strong roots in unit testing, test-driven development, and continuous integration.
- Participate actively in code and document reviews, providing your insight and opinion.
- Collaborate with clients, peer organizations, dev ops, and support organizations on technical issues.
- Work with the team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently, and intelligently.
- Design, build, test, debug and document solid and reliable APIs for software components.
- Work closely with other engineers to drive feature-richness and ongoing development of in-house application support infrastructure and APIs.
- Communicate with designers, producers, artists and others to design automated features and improve their efficiency and quality of work.
- Develop and maintain training materials and documentation.
- Lead training and support sessions with clients on software, tools, workflows and other needs.
- Function as the Single Point of Contact for assigned clients.
- Possess knowledge of industry issues and how they affect clients.
- Work with client’s Development, QA and UAT teams to ensure successful implementation of projects and releases.
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software.
- Contribute to technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements.
You have at least 5 years of experience in M&E or Games industry, with a deep knowledge of, and passion for, pipeline. You have well-founded opinions on pipeline and how to solve common challenges (as well as how NOT to solve them), are hungry to continue learning new software and technology, and thrive in a remote environment. In addition, you have:
- A deep knowledge of Shotgun and Shotgun Toolkit.
- Knowledge of NIM, F-Track, Jira.
- Experience with DCC software like Maya and Nuke, specifically with their APIs.
We provide a competitive compensation package, including health benefits for full-time employees. Our belief in work-life balance aligns well with our very liberal vacation and personal time policy. Above all, you'll be a part of a great team of people serving a vibrant and exciting community of creative media companies around the globe.
This role is fully remote but will be expected to work during PST (Los Angeles, CA, USA) daytime hours.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at GPL Technologies