- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: General Manager
Summary: GPAC has partnered with a fantastic, growing, global, family owned company to help them confidentially fill a General Manager position in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates personnel measures (e.g. hiring, labor law measures, leaves of absence)
- Conducts the scheduled regular employee appraisals and provides needs-based support to employees for professional and personal development
- Continuous coordination with the management regarding budgets, strategies and plan specifications
- P&L responsibility
- Initiation of innovation processes with regard to optimization of processes, utilization rates and increase in efficiency
- Responsibility for the overall technical standard in terms of performance and process flows in coordination with management
- Decision-making on quality-related issues, e.g. blocking of products, release, scrapping, etc.
- Execution of ongoing control tasks by:
- Process-oriented controls (compliance with guidelines)
- Performance control (target/actual comparison).
- Trend control (internal, external long-term structural changes).
- Responsibility for the implementation and further development of quality guidelines and standards in accordance with the IATF
- Coordination of quality requirements with suppliers (supplier audits).
- Regularly analyzes all processes, procedures and workplaces for continuous improvement and increased efficiency and implements these within the scope of his competencies (CIP)
- Informs the CEO/Executive Board in good time in the event of deviations and problems arising and takes appropriate remedial action
- Undertakes, in addition to the listed tasks, to carry out individual orders on the instructions of the CEO/Executive Board, which by their nature belong to his activity or result from operational necessity
- Completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering and demonstrated advanced education/experience in business administration.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in companies with thermoplastic assembly and its production processes
- Experience in automotive business (for IATF etc.)
- Very good understanding of financial key figures and their impact on the business result
- Hands-on mentality, very good communication and team skills; ability to convince people and bring them along as well as to form teams
- Confident appearance, independent working style, high resilience and entrepreneurial spirit Business fluent in English.
This is a fantastic opportunity in the manufacturing field for an individual to bring new ways and possibilities to grow within the company as they have a clear growth strategy for the company as a whole. If you have a background in thermoplastics, high precision sheet metal, stamping and plastic-metal connections we want to hear from you!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Manufacturing Companies: If your team needs any position(s) filled, we can also assist in presenting qualified talent. Reach out for consultation TODAY!
gpac | Search Consultant
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
AddressSan Jose, CA
RetailView all jobs at Gpac