GPA Consulting El Segundo, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Work with people who do what they love and love where they do it. GPA Consulting, a multidisciplinary firm that specializes in historic preservation, environmental planning, and biology studies, is looking for a qualified Project Coordinator to join our diverse team of highly skilled professionals. If you love project coordination from proposals through invoicing, and share our determination to deliver exceptional service to our clients, then we would like to hear from you. This position entails coordination of the project from proposal initiation through completion. Initially under supervision and working in conjunction with the operations team, the Project Coordinator performs tasks in connection with preparing and sending cost proposals, inputting budgets and schedules in the billing system, reviewing invoices, and coordinating travel and logistics for the project.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Enter projects into the company’s billing system with associated project/billing information and keep the system updated throughout the project life cycle
- Create project billing rate tables for proposals, contracts, and amendments, and update the rates annually according to the contract requirements
- Work directly with Project Managers (PMs) and assist PMs with entering budgets and schedules in the billing system and/or on a spreadsheet
- Work with subconsultants to gather accurate cost proposals, budgets, and review their invoices
- Assist PMs with tracking project expenditures, creating progress reports, reviewing invoices, and following up on accounts receivable
- Enter the rate & budget updates into the billing system as a result of work/scope changes & contract amendments
- Coordinate logistics and travel for projects
- Provide support to Operations with special projects
- Maintain files (both physical and electronic)
- Work closely with multiple project managers, project teams, and clients
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Accounting, or a closely related field
- 2-3 years of experience in Project Accounting/Management experience with an A/E Professional Services firm or environmental firm
- Must have prior experience, good technical and accounting background with emphasis on project budgeting, tracking, and contracting
- Preferred experience with Deltek Software expertise: Ajera or Vision
- Attention to detail, organized thinking, and the ability to be flexible
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and learn quickly
- Must exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Marginal Job Functions
- May answer company telephone and redirect calls.
- May run job-related errands such as dropping or picking up copies and deliveries or necessary project supplies.
- Assist with maintaining a clean office environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
- Knowledge and experience working with project management systems
- Knowledge and experience in working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Principles, a plus.
- Must work as a team member
- Must be organized and efficient with time management
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines while maintaining a high level to detail
- Must be very flexible, willing to switch tasks often and maintain a high level of availability
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients, vendors and friends of GPA
- Must be trustworthy
- Must be able to follow directions and learn quickly
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation, and valid California Driver’s License and Automobile Insurance and be a driver in good standing with the California Department of Motor Vehicles
*GPA Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Further, GPA does not discriminate based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
AddressEl Segundo, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at GPA Consulting