McCook, IL – Corporate Office
GPA is the market leader in substrate solutions for offset, digital and wide format printing, with a comprehensive offering of pressure sensitive papers, films, laser labels, eco-friendly substrates, digital and specialty papers, and more. Our foundation is built on consistently delivering a wide variety of superior products at a great value. It is our continued focus on developing innovative solutions to our customers and their business, combined with the commitment to provide the best products in the marketplace that has positioned us as the industry leader.
- Responsible for assisting in the creation, design development, and production of various integrated marketing materials, working directly with the Senior Graphic Designer and Marketing Manager, based on GPA’s corporate and marketing objectives.
- Exhibit positive leadership in a manner consistent with the GPA Mission, Core Values and Annual Corporate Objectives
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for assisting in the creation of visual layouts and deliverables that support the marketing initiatives, integrating typography, photography, illustration, and other elements.
- Participate in the concept development of elements related to marketing programs for the organization’s products and services in conjunction with the marketing team, including, but not limited to, content development, design, photography and project production.
- Responsible for the production file-setup of GPA’s product catalogs and product swatch books.
- Responsible for assisting in the development and design of collateral materials, including but not limited to direct mail pieces, brochures, promotional flyers, product sheets, specification sheets, newsletters, corporate branding identity, packaging, presentations, and other graphic communications.
- Responsible for the design of display and directory advertisements and listings, including but not limited to association publications and customer newsletters.
- Deliver creative materials that support the company’s branding through consistent and cohesive visual communications.
- Assist in the creation of website page mock-ups, web banners, online graphics, advertisements and promotions in conjunction with the Senior Graphic Designer and Digital Marketing Specialist.
- Create and assist in the of design online content for the company’s social media channels and social network, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media profiles. Content can include photos, digital imagery, videos, copy and blog/conversation content.
- Create and design online content for the company’s website, www.gpa-innovates.com, including, but not limited to, photos, digital imagery, videos and copy, in conjunction with the Marketing Manager, Senior Graphic Designer and Digital Marketing Specialist.
- Handle photography or assist in the coordination of photography of various people, marketing materials and product samples for a variety of print, web and other marketing uses.
- Assist in the creation of graphics for corporate branding identity, tradeshows, booth displays, signage, banners, e-newsletters and e-mail marketing as needed alongside Senior Graphic Designer.
- Assists with proofing of all marketing pieces, including but not limited to graphics, printing and copy.
- Maintains the consistency of brand messaging across all web and social media platforms.
- May be required to participate in tradeshow booth activities as determined by the Marketing Manager or Senior Graphic Designer.
- Handles administrative duties related to project responsibilities, including but not limited to email communication, purchase order processing and filing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Marketing or related field, strongly desired.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in graphic design or print production environment.
- Proficient in the following computer software programs:
- Adobe Create Suite Professional (Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Highly skilled in design and print production, including proficiency in Macintosh operating system OSX 10.8 or higher.
- Ability to work in PC computer operating system a plus.
- Proficient with the following:
- Flash, Dreamweaver
- MindFire Software
- iMovie (or other video editing software)
- Strong understanding of printing methods, print production, and preparing files for digital and offset printing.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes/packages (50 lbs.) and remain standing for long periods during a workday for trade show and other event participation.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must be a strong, clear communicator able to clearly articulate suggestions and ideas in both written and oral form and communicate with and within multiple teams.
- Must be a self-starter and multi-tasker with a high level of initiative and the flexibility to handle multiple, rapidly shifting priorities and pressures.
- Must be able to respond to project demands, including changes of direction, with creativity and enthusiasm.
We do not offer relocation
All post-offer candidates will be subject to the successful completion and passing of a pre-employment background check and drug screen before they can begin employment.
We use E-Verify