PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE
Top independent PR & Social Media agency is seeking a highly-analytical individual to analyze and translate data into actionable insights that help optimize our marketing campaigns. You will be primarily responsible for analyzing and reporting on the performance of agency’s client marketing initiatives, including finding stories within our data the PR team can use to measure against client KPIs, show value on marketing investment and identify new opportunities. This includes utilization of tools to track, tag, export and organize data to be analyzed for learnings.
You must have strong technical skills, while being able to translate findings in a digestible and not overly-technical manner that outlines key takeaways and recommendations.
You'll succeed in this role if you love working with data, but also have a general understanding of marketing, specifically PR, social and/or digital as well as getting enjoyment from digging into numbers and figuring out what’s working, what’s not, and why.
This role will work closely with our senior account directors.
• Own creation and maintenance of ongoing performance reports, analyses and data feeds.
• Analyze and report on the performance of new and existing marketing channels, online acquisition, brand campaigns, PR, and media.
• Use data to tell a story. Generate insights and recommendations to help produce stories we can share with our clients.
• Analyze the results of surveys and market research to find actionable insights we can use to support campaign efforts.
• Help determine where marketing dollars are most effectively spent to drive client efficiency
• Work with all members of the social team on creating A/B tests which can be accurately analyzed. Monitor and analyze competitive performance to help inform marketing strategy.
• Serve as point person on all marketing data requests and partner cross-functionally
• Create, monitor and report on unique tracking URL links (bitly, etc.) to expertly showcase the value/ROI between PR/marketing tactics and back-end analytics
• BA/BS in mathematics, statistics, or business
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in an analytical role, preferably at an agency
• 5+ years experience working with marketing - either in a marketing role or working closely with the marketing team to analyzing marketing performance.
• Working knowledge of or direct experience working alongside PR and social media teams to aid in creating analytical benchmarks at the onset of campaigns, and ongoing management/reporting on these metrics throughout campaign lifespan.
• Strong knowledge of analytical communications tracking tools included but not limited to Traackr, Radian6, Synthesio, Clout, Hootsuite, Google analytics, etc.
• An endless curiosity about data, and a love for telling stories with data
• Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.