DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Performs pre-procedure telephone calls to patients and ascertains information, reviews pre and post procedure instructions, as well as answers any questions about the procedure.
- Admits the patient to the center and reviews the pre- procedure instructions as well as the patient’s adherence to these instructions. They will also review the post procedure instructions at this time.
- Reviews discharge plan with family member/responsible adult and ensures that person’s availability at the time of the discharge.
- Orients patient and family members to the center.
- Instruct the patient how to change, providing the patient with size appropriate gown and other necessary patient care items.
- Carries out the physician’s orders for pre-procedure care, including but not limited to starting an IV, glucometer and/or HCG testing, as needed.
- Maintains the admission area in a neat, orderly, safe manner and contributes to the efficient and smooth functioning of the Center.
- Receives report of the patient’s status from the procedure room nurse and or gastroenterologist/anesthesiologist.
- Provides nursing care, based upon physician orders and center policies and procedures, including but not limited to recording vital signs, administering IV fluids, discontinuing IV’s and completing the Center’s post-procedure documentation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state of New York.
- Prior peri-operative nursing experience, minimum 3 yr.
- BCLS certification, ACLS certification required.
- Computer literate required.
New York, NY