The GNU Group is aggressively looking for an experienced Senior Designer to serve as one of our "creative leaders" on our Design Team. We are looking for qualified and experienced designers that can actively participate in the STRATEGIC PLANNING, PROJECT VISIONING and DIRECTION OF PROJECT TEAMS developing Architectural Sign Programs, Integrated Branding Programs and Wayfinding Programs for exterior and interior built environments.
We are looking for candidates with strategic experience in Healthcare, but additional experience in Aviation, Corporate, Education, Civic, Residential, Retail, Entertainment or Hospitality will make you an even stronger candidate.
This critical position is a strategic leader at GNU Group and is a client-facing, problem-solver who can develop strategy, build brands, direct design, manage projects and lead teams. Candidates that possess the requisite knowledge, experience and initiative have the potential to evolve into a principal-level position at the GNU Group.
We have the right culture, the right model, the right clients, and unlimited potential. All that’s missing is you. Are you the next GNU?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years’ experience in wayfinding, environmental branding, and architectural signage.
- Ability to lead design teams and provide creative direction
- Strong sense of design and good concepting & typographic skills
- Strong concepting and sketching skills
- Fluent with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to scope projects and develop workplans, writing proposals is a +
- Strong client skills, ability to maintain client/account relationships
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans
- Good communications skills for both internal and external purposes
- Ability to present work both internally (firm-facing) and externally (client-facing)
- Organized, with excellent problem solving, time management and risk management skills
- Proactive, flexible, team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team trust quickly.
- Ability to adjust to dynamic project situations and respond accordingly
- Solid foundation in understanding of materials usage, scale, lighting and construction of environmental graphics
- Solid foundation in understanding of ADA and other accessibility and fire safety codes
We currently have active projects with the following clients: Workday, Facebook, LinkedIn, Lyft, ServiceNow, Blackrock, City of S. SF, City of Mountain View, USF, CSU Chico, St. Ignatius College Prep, Kaiser Permanente, UCLA Medical Center, Ravenswood Family Health Center, LAX, Strada, Trinity, Boston Properties and Ellis Partners.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance – 100% paid coverage for employee
- Company-paid holidays
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO)
- Simple Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Plan with employer contribution (Matching up to 3%)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Great company culture centered on transparency, honest communication, prescribed process, and personal responsibility.