WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
Reporting to the SVP, Finance, the Finance Director will be responsible for leading the finance business partners in supporting the commercial areas of the business. The individual will have ownership for pricing strategy, client negotiations, project profitability and utilization as well as responsibility for automated reporting including master data governance, key metric definition and continuous improvement of the relevance and presentation of the data the business uses to make key decisions.
YOUR IMPACT //
You are a valued partner.
- Lead team of finance business partners and act as liaison between support teams and client service teams, Project Accounting and other Finance sub-groups at headquarters and satellite offices.
- Key subject matter expert in business partner team for pricing and retainer structures.
- Accountable for collaborating with team members to facilitate knowledge transfer with respect to areas of expertise including but not limited to pricing, negotiating, processes and best practices.
- Responsible for collaborating with client service on pricing for retainers and project-based work and approving the resourcing needed to ensure profitability targets are achieved and maintained.
- Serve as lead finance negotiator in client procurement negotiations.
- Exhibit a good working knowledge of and ensure compliance with client master services agreements and related project agreements and statements of work. Assist client teams with the creation of estimates and SOWs and review for accuracy and completeness.
- Review/analyze project reporting and assist client service team with interpretation of same; highlight areas of concern and proactively work with client service teams to manage budgets and any risk areas to ensure optimal profitability and resolution of issues.
- Responsible for the price estimate form used by client service to estimate fees and expenses for client projects. Recommend and implement changes or enhancements to ensure maximum capture of revenue and relevant information needed to track progress ensuring ease of use for the client and support teams.
You are Innovative.
- Lead the Pricing Council and oversee all pricing disruption initiatives. Own quarterly update meetings with executive leadership. Gain agency adoption through training.
- Serve as strategic financial advisor on Tier 1 written and in-person RFP responses, and challenge client service and support teams to think differently about pricing presentation and responses.
- Review financial reporting with support group management teams on an ongoing basis to ensure profitability and revenue targets are being met along with key metrics important to the efficient and effective management of the business.
- Lead and move strategy forward to automate reporting, ensure data integrity and ensuring the business has reporting required to help them understand their profitability and key metric performance.
- Serve as the leader for new service offerings, ensuring that system capabilities are maximized for revenue recognition, client and internal reporting and business process mapping.
- Using department P&Ls, profitability, utilization, realization and optimal revenue reports, collaborate with support teams to understand and implement improvements which maximize profit on projects. Provide advice on limiting indirect overhead.
You are a leader.
- Responsible for hiring, developing and coaching direct reports. Provide candid, real-time feedback, evaluate employees and provide direction and support to achieve overall team goals
- Influential in supporting your team to challenge the status quo and drive innovation.
- Provide training to support teams (including initial training for new employees and ongoing training for existing employees) on financial acumen, including but not limited to procedures, project budgeting, project financial reports, payment/purchasing procedures, timesheet completion, and managing profitability.
You are engaged.
- Responsible for monitoring company overhead and advising management on where increases are appearing or where opportunity exists to reduce.
- Stay updated and be a key subject matter expert on industry standards, publications, and best practices around profitability, pricing, and overhead calculations.
- Understand data and reporting needs and assist in ensuring appropriate prioritization of requests.
- Responsible for defining metrics key to driving the agency, assigning them to the relevant departments or functions and setting targets annually.
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and policies regarding payments and recording of time by employees.
- Proactively engage with support departments on programs that show low profitability, scope creep or variances in hours to mitigate further profit erosion.
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and 10+ years of experience in a related capacity required.
- Influential people leader with 3 years of experience in a management role.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate and collaborate with team members.
- Confidence/strong convictions to recommend solutions that may not be expected and to successfully challenge past thinking.
- Ability to react quickly and positively to unforeseen change while using experience to provide and manage a solution.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and employees at all levels.
- Ability to recognize the need for continuous process improvement and provide creative solutions to increase process efficiencies.
- Solid organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines and work well in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Strong mathematical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, with specific proficiency utilizing Excel.
- Experience or familiarity with Deltek’s Costpoint, Cognos, and Tableau a plus but not required.
Founded in 1979, GMR is an innovative global sponsorship and experiential leader, connecting brands and their consumers through shared passions. We change how people think, feel and behave through the power of experience. Experiences founded on data, rooted in insight, grounded in strategy, designed meticulously and executed flawlessly.
Our passionate global team creates, consults and activates in more than 70 countries, covering every continent from 23 offices in 12 countries. We’re headquartered in the United States and are part of Omnicom Group Inc.