Structural BIM Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
GMB is on the lookout for a Structural BIM Specialist to join our team. This role will work in close collaboration with architects, engineers, and clients in a large professional architectural and engineering firm.
Why Work with us?
Opportunity for All.
That's the world GMB strives to see. Our integrated team of educational planners, architects, and engineers are just one part of the learning ecosystem that will make that happen.
GMB believes education provides transformational opportunities for our communities, industries, and our world. We are all in. Will you join us?
As a learning organization structured for ideation, innovation and sharing of knowledge, GMB has hubs of experts in Grand Rapids, Holland, and Royal Oak, Michigan, and Indianapolis, Indiana, and education projects throughout North America.
As a Structural BIM Specialist with GMB you will:
- Produce technical drawings based on specifications, sketches, and calculations
- Verify rough work, making modifications to drawings when necessary to ensure they conform to specifications.
- Help organize and standardize typical sections, details, and project templates.
- Assist team members with formal drawing transmittals and construction issues.
- Prepare structural plans and documents for buildings and other structure types. Plans include foundations, framing, elevations, sections, etc.
- Review steel, concrete, and other construction submittals for conformance to drawings and dimensional accuracy
We might be a great match for each other if you have:
- Advanced Revit skills
- Practiced skill in the preparation of construction documents for structural design
- Two-year Associates degree or demonstrated practical experience
What might set you apart from other candidates?
- Proficiency in reading and coordinating with structural drawings
- Proficiency in preparing plans, sections, and details for structural drawings
- Working knowledge of building systems
- Basic construction experience or knowledge
- Positive team-oriented work style
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Complex Problem-Solving skills
- Unmatched attention to Detail
- Strong desire to learn and help others
What you might also like to know is that:
We're an employee owned company. This means that 100% of the ownership at GMB is held by us as employees. Our creativity, skills, and expertise have a direct impact on our value and growth. Your role as a teammate will have a direct impact on the company's actions and result in a share in its profits.
GMB doesn't operate within a hierarchical pyramid structure; instead, we operate like a network of teams that come together around specific goals working toward our overarching purpose. We think this is a better way to work and help everyone reach their potential.
Finally, at GMB we embrace a flexible workplace that empowers each person to decide where and how they work best. Our inclusive, people-first culture encourages teams to collaborate, communicate and find fulfillment personally and professionally, regardless of location or schedule.
This is a direct hire, full time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience, including an excellent benefit package. Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
GMB Architecture + Engineering
AddressRoyal Oak, MI
ConstructionView all jobs at GMB Architecture + Engineering