Content Marketing Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
GMB is currently seeking a full time Content Marketing Specialist to join GMB's Marketing and Client Experience teams. The purpose of this role is to develop brand awareness of GMB in the educational market by working closely with our social media, website, and project photography roles to develop fully integrated assets.
Our ideal candidate is a humble and confident marketing or journalism professional with a passion for student success in education, and at least seven (7) years of relevant skills and experience.
Why work for us?
Opportunity for All. That's the world GMB strives to see. Our integrated team of educational planners, architects, and engineers are just one part of the learning ecosystem that will make that happen.
GMB believes education provides transformational opportunities for our communities, industries, and our world. We are all in. Will you join us?
As a learning organization structured for ideation, innovation and sharing of knowledge, GMB has hubs of experts in Grand Rapids, Holland, and Royal Oak, Michigan, and Indianapolis, Indiana, and education projects throughout North America.
What you will get to do:
- Collaborate with key team members to identify project data and develop written stories for priority projects
- Keep all information up to date in CRM, Open Asset, website, and project pages for proposals
- Regularly develop thought leadership pieces for external publication & media opportunities. This will include adapting your voice to write in brand voice or help Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with ghost writing content.
- Build Internal Relationships & Knowledge
- Regularly attend internal design reviews and knowledge share sessions to glean insights and ideas from SMEs
- Improve Client Experience
- Identify topics for client learning opportunities based on trends and/or current client pain points
- Regularly review all areas of client portal to identify common themes of client needs and opportunities
- Repurpose content tailored to audiences by helping SMEs author content to address client needs
- Public Relations/Corporate Branding
- Promote company news, projects, and thought leadership via media channels
- Develop and nurture appropriate media relationships within educational, industry, and business channels to share GMB messages as needed
- Expand regional media relationships as we grow our geographic reach
- Manage awards submissions with internal teams
What are some of the requirements to work for us?
- Professional degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, English, or related field from an accredited college/university
- 7+ years of related experience
- The ability to translate technical ideas into non-technical writing and possess strong professional writing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
What might set you apart from other candidates?
- A passion for student success in education
- Background in construction and/or architecture + engineering
- Experience or interest in public relations
- Willingness to be curious and ask questions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Teams
We might be a great match for each other if you are:
- A self-starter with great time management who thrives in an environment with cross-discipline collaboration and team level decision making
- An individual who contributes beyond themselves, is motivated by their team's success and works hard to ensure it
- A team player who enjoys trying new ideas, failing fast, and constantly improving
- An excitement for working in a cross-functional team
What you might also like to know is that:
We're an employee owned company. This means that 100% of the ownership at GMB is held by us as employees. Our creativity, skills, and expertise have a direct impact on our value and growth. Your role as a teammate will have a direct impact on the company's actions and result in a share in its profits.
GMB doesn't operate within a hierarchical pyramid structure; instead, we operate as a network of teams that come together around specific goals to achieve our overarching purpose. We think this is a better way to work and helps everyone reach their potential.
Finally, at GMB we embrace a flexible workplace that empowers each person to decide where and how they work best. Our inclusive, people-first culture encourages teams to collaborate, communicate and find fulfillment personally and professionally, regardless of location or schedule.
This is a direct hire, full time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience, including an excellent benefit package. Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
GMB Architecture + Engineering
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
BusinessView all jobs at GMB Architecture + Engineering