GMA Construction Group of Texas (GMA) is currently seeking a Construction Project Engineer for our newest project located in the heart of downtown Dallas, TX.
There Are Many Compelling Reasons Why Exceptional People Should Consider a Career With Our Company
GMA is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. GMA employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning.
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
Project Engineers participate and learn all of the various activities required to sell, design, and construct multi-family, commercial, and/or industrial projects. By managing all aspects of project construction – from concept to completion - our project managers develop best-in-class skills and abilities that are the envy of our peers. The Project Engineer is an entry-level position in the Project Management career path. This is an office-based position with regular visits to job sites expected.
- Contract Administration : Participate in selecting appropriate subcontractors, preparing bidding documents, creating bid evaluations, analyzing bids, and making recommendations to the Project Manager on subcontractor selection using fair methods and practices. Participate in writing all subcontractor contracts and change order agreements for Project Manager's approval and signature.
- Estimating : Participate in preparing estimates for new projects, gaining knowledge of project comparison estimating, take-off estimating, and category square footage comparison estimating.
- Schedule Management : Participate in the preparation of project schedules utilizing historical averages, field resources, project management resources and industry resources. Participate in identifying project problems and gathering information on alternative solutions.
- Cost Management: Participate in the preparation of job cost reports utilizing accounting reports, field resources, and project management resources. Participate in the preparation of Applications for Payment to the project owner.
- Quality Assurance : Become familiar with the company’s Quality Assurance Program and specific project Quality Assurance programs including research and revision recommendations.
- Safety : Become familiar with the company’s Safety Program and participate in preparing specific safety measures and programs that are reviewed and approved by the appropriate Project Manager.
- Client Relations & Business Development: Participate in appropriate project coordination meetings with the owner or owner's representative. Become familiar with the company’s various proposal formats and participate in preparing new client proposals for review and approval by the appropriate Project Manager.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or related degree.
- Previous construction management internship experience strongly preferred; required if degree is not in CM or CE.
- Able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with others.
- Other success factors include professionalism, an eagerness to learn, and initiative to identify and address problems.
- Proficient with the MicroSoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to use or learn construction management software (Procore, MS Project, CMiC, PlanGrid, Textura, Onscreen Take Off, PQM, CPM).
Seniority Level - Entry level
Industry - Construction
Employment Type - Full-time