GMA Construction Group is seeking a General Superintendent with strong leadership skills and the technical knowledge to anticipate issues in the field before they occur. The ideal candidate has 10-15 years of experience as a Superintendent.
GMA’s mission is to develop people that will transform communities.
We are employee focused. As a member of Team GMA, you will be empowered to achieve your career goals with a comprehensive benefits package, numerous opportunities for internal training, and room for upward mobility as the company continues to reach new heights. We want to make a lasting impact on the communities in which we do work. GMA seeks work that improves quality of life for underserved communities and provides sustainability for future generations. The ability to showcase your talents on projects that make a difference in the world can be very rewarding.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
Entrepreneurial: GMA’s culture is entrepreneurial. We are looking for professionals that take ownership of their responsibilities with minimal guidance and a project approach that is similar to a CEO running a business.
Technical Knowledge: GMA’s projects are challenging. We are looking for construction professionals that know how to navigate complex issues and resolve them using their extensive knowledge of construction trades and best practices.
Mentor: As employee focused, we encourage our project staff to help less-experienced staff members learn skills that will better GMA as a whole and each employee individually. We are looking for team members that can educate.
Roles and Responsibilities
The General Superintendent supervises the construction of multiple projects to complete them on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. Essential job duties include:
- · Maintain effective and harmonious working relationships on-site
- · Understand the Contract, each Subcontract, the drawings, and specifications
- · Assist the Project Managers in the development of the on-site procedures
- · Examine the drawings for constructability
- · Develop, refine, and update the Project Schedule
- · Implement quality control procedures and safety and security practices
- · Establish field office location and layout, temporary utilities, and staging areas
- · Inspect the activities of Subcontractors, Suppliers and GMA’s labor and material
- · Verify each Subcontractor has completed its contractual requirements
- · Coordinate the activities of the inspection agencies
- · Chair weekly coordination meetings and monthly safety meetings
- · Review the Subcontractors Daily Reports
Performance and Recognition
GMA values open communication and direct feedback with employees at consistent intervals. As part of the performance review process, GMA coaches its employees by setting goals and rewarding individual accomplishments.
Growth and Development
In support of our mission to develop people that will transform communities, GMA offers its employees internal training opportunities such as Griggs University. Each month, Professor Griggs holds internal classes for GMA employees covering all aspects of the way GMA does work.