GMA Construction Group is seeking a Project Manager with strong leadership skills and the technical knowledge to anticipate issues in the field before they occur. The ideal candidate has 5 years of experience as a Project Manager.
GMA’s mission is to develop people that will transform communities.
- We are employee focused. As a member of Team GMA, you will be empowered to achieve your career goals with a comprehensive benefits package, numerous opportunities for internal training, and room for upward mobility as the company continues to reach new heights.
- We want to make a lasting impact on the communities in which we do work. GMA seeks work that improves quality of life for underserved communities and provides sustainability for future generations. The ability to showcase your talents on projects that make a difference in the world can be very rewarding.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- Entrepreneurial: GMA’s culture is entrepreneurial. We are looking for professionals that take ownership of their responsibilities with minimal guidance and a project approach that is similar to a CEO running a business.
- Technical Knowledge: GMA’s projects are challenging. We are looking for construction professionals that know how to navigate complex issues and resolve them using their extensive knowledge of construction trades and best practices.
- Mentor: As employee focused, we encourage our project staff to help less-experienced staff members learn skills that will better GMA as a whole and each employee individually. We are looking for team members that can educate.
Roles and Responsibilities
Project Managers oversee cost management, accounting, scheduling, and subcontractor coordination to complete projects on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. Essential job duties include:
- Track project costs and ensure the project’s Cost Report is accurate and constantly up to date using Procore
- Prepare Pay Applications with minimal support from a Project Accountant
- Work with project client to outline scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Conduct weekly team status/progress meeting(s) with team and stakeholders
- Provide a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed.
- Perform estimates and quantity take-offs using appropriate software
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Act as a mediator between stakeholders and team members
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved
- Track and report project milestones
- Ensure that subcontractor enforces their safety programs
- Ensure all project documents are organized and archived following project completion
Performance and Recognition
GMA values open communication and direct feedback with employees at consistent intervals. As part of the performance review process, GMA coaches its employees by setting goals and rewarding individual accomplishments.
Growth and Development
In support of our mission to develop people that will transform communities, GMA offers its employees internal training opportunities such as Griggs University. Each month, Professor Griggs holds internal classes for GMA employees covering all aspects of the way GMA does work.
GMA Construction Group | GMA of IL
Why Work Here?Founded in 2009, GMA Construction Group (GMA) provides General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, and Cost Engineering services. GMA is a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB), and Section 3 firm. Our collaborative process and ability to partner with our clients has resulted in numerous projects delivered on-time and on-budget. https://www.gmaconstructiongroup.com/
Awesome CEO, Life Changing Projects, Room for Growth