Project Manager (Construction)
Founded in 2004, G.M. Hill Engineering, Inc. (GMHILL) is a fast growing 8(a), woman-owned small business (WOSB) headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, and has offices in Alexandria, VA, Virginia Beach, VA, Tallahassee, FL, Panama City, FL, Beaufort, SC, Houston, TX and Thomasville, GA. GMHILL has nearly 20 years of experience providing clients with a wide range of engineering, architecture, and construction services. GMHILL’s team of professionals bring the experience and proven past performance to provide full-service building solutions that few WOSB, 8(a) firms can match. We have recent Prime experience in facility assessments and building inspections; developing and reviewing D/B RFP’s; planning; architecture; engineering; construction management; general construction; design-build for federal defense and civilian agencies; state and local governments. GMHILL’s varied A/E, construction management, and design-build experience and lessons learned, provides comprehensive designs, and delivers more complete solutions that result in lower risk and better value as proven by our CPARS, safety ratings, and repeat business. Current project loads throughout the GMHILL area of operations demands the expansion of field staff at all levels.
Position SummaryA GMHILL Construction Project Manager participates in the selection, pursuit, schedule, and budget development for construction projects across a wide variety of vertical markets and performance contracting entities. Project types include design/build, design/bid/build, general construction, CM, CMaR and self-performing general trades work. From capture to closeout, the GMHILL Project Manager contributes to the successful placement of projects throughout the CONUS and beyond. This position will report to the Director of Construction assigned to the project or program.Key Tasks
Following is a general list of tasks falling into the areas of responsibility of the Construction Project Manager. It attempts to present a comprehensive, but not complete, listing of potential assignments that may be undertaken.
- Support the Marketing team’s new project and program pursuits through strategy, schedule & technical participation.
- Support the construction pursuit team in the bid process through the solicitation of trade contractors, development of general conditions estimates, self-performing trade takeoffs and schedule refinement.
- Develop, implement, and execute project schedules.
- Forecast and manage project labor requirements.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with plan and specifications, building and safety codes, and other regulations. Onsite presence and active project participation.
- Efficient development of subcontracts, POs, and SOWs.
- Enforce subcontractor scopes of work, prepare subcontracts, negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Support field personnel through means/methods, client, and subcontractor interactions.
• Submit timely and accurate billing.
- Prepare timely weekly SITREPs to report safety, schedule, quality, progress, and client issues to the executive team.
• Receive and review job cost reports and develop monthly EAC reports.
• Support pre-con effort to develop all project work plans.
• Demonstrate Project/Program leadership to the client, within the GM Hill team, and subcontractors.
• FOCUS ON SAFETY to support the mission.
• Inform executive staff on project status.
• Actively participate and lead all financial reporting and forecasting.
• Serve as a resource to design team across all company work.
- Represent the GM Hill brand.
Education and Training Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Construction Management, and over ten years of experience with advance knowledge construction management
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in increasingly responsible positions. Minimum of seven years demonstrated experience in the Construction Project Manager including Project Manager, Superintendent, SSHO or Quality Control Manager. Demonstrated record of project success on work valued from $1M to $15M+
• Federal project and task order experience (Defense and/or Civilian Agency), preferred
• LEED AP BD+C, a plus
• Must have proficiencies with industry standard software such as ProCore, MSOffice, Excel, Word, MS Project & Outlook. Timberline experience highly desired.
• OSHA 10, OSHA 30 certifications and ARC First Responder Course completion
• USACE Certified Quality Manager certification, preferred
• Familiar with EM385-1-1 and comfortable writing AHAs and APPs
• Must be physically fit to walk, climb ladders, and other demands needed for inspections of projects and safely assessing areas of construction.
• Ability and willingness to travel throughout the operational regions.
• Strong commitment to safety and exceptional safety record.
Skill and Competency Requirements:
• Self-starter, highly motivated, enthusiastic, able to provide structural engineering rigor while operating within contractual scope, budget, and schedule requirements for project deliverables on multiple concurrent projects
• Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to targeted customer base/market, building relationships, and acting as internal company advocate
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate, and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization
• Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner
• Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling, and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
• Leadership capability, interpersonal skills and keen discernment with ability to train, develop,
coach, and mentor others
• Capability to identify, adapt, strategize and overcome negative situations
• Commitment to quality, safety and teamwork at all levels within the organization.
• Keen desire to excel within and for the benefit of the company.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Must be able to read and interpret complex project blueprints/plans and specifications; to include site/civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
• Must be able to prioritize, assign, and oversee work on multiple concurrent work.
• Must pass background check, drug screen and federal security clearance processes.
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities’, duties, and skills required of the person in this job. G.M. Hill Engineering, Inc. (GMHILL) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GMHILL considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status or any other legal protected status. Candidate selected must pass a thorough background check (including e-verify) and comply with GMHILL’s Drug and Alcohol policy adhering to pre-employment, random, post-accident and for cause testing.
Powered by JazzHR
GM Hill EngineeringJacksonville, FL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.