Position is located in Grand Rapids, MI. You must be able to commute to this location.
GLT Packaging is looking for Machine Operators to join our team!
- Read instructions from the current job ticket.
- Set up jobs according to general specifications or modify if necessary.
- Load / unload raw or finished material from machinery as needed.
- Operate die cutting equipment in accordance with job orders and operating procedures.
- Initiate action to prevent problems, document quality problems, contribute to solutions to problems, verify implementation of solutions and control further processes once problem/solution has been identified.
- Respect and conform to all accepted safe work practices and standards.
- Perform on-going preventative maintenance and keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Always set an example to co-workers by practicing safe work habits. Assure Work Areas are free from hazards that could cause injury or accidents. Report any unsafe conditions to Plant Management.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude toward customers, co-workers, subordinates and management. Support, encourage, and participate in quality improvement projects in order that department activities meet or exceed Customer and company quality, service, and performance needs and expectations.
- Maintain a good attendance / punctuality record.
- Perform job within established standards. Offer suggestions to solve problems. Meet or exceed established machine set-up/run rate goals
- Perform other related duties as requested by Supervision / Management.
- Train and teach less experienced employees on specific machinery as directed by Plant Manager.
- Ability to work around moving and vibrating equipment while exposed to noise
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds on a constant and/or frequent basis
- Ability to stand, walk, ben, push, pull, reach on a constant and/or frequent basis
- Previous experience on flexo, folder gluer, and/or die cutters preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize work tasks
- Ability to communicate well on all levels and good interpersonal skills required
- Must be able to read work orders and interpret manufacturing specifications, understand and use shop math, use and interpret
- measuring instruments (tape measures, calipers, stopwatch, gauges, calculator, etc.)
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent changes or unexpected events
- Possess the ability to work all shifts and required overtime as needed
- Must be able to write legibly, read and speak English
- Basic computer skills preferred
We look forward to your application!
Why Work Here?
Well established company that is growing and is willing to invest in equipment and personnel. Strong commitment to a team environment.
Grand Rapids, MI