GLS is seeking a transactional counsel to join our dynamic and growing team at our headquarters in San Ramon, CA. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, has excellent drafting and negotiating skills, and is a team player. The ideal candidate is also energetic, eager to learn about the company, the industry and the applicable law, and is looking to make significant contributions to the development of GLS' legal group.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements with vendors, customers and other third parties, including leases, and prepare abstracts;
- Provide legal support with respect to cross functional day to day operations, including corporate, real estate and litigation matters;
- Monitor relevant legal developments and update the company accordingly;
- Monitor and ensure compliance with corporate governance requirements;
- Draft, develop and update contract templates and other standard forms used by the company;
- Provide legal assistance in compliance initiatives;
- Consistently exercise sound judgement related to allocation of risk and suggested alternatives;
- Assist in development of policies and practices based on federal, state and local legal requirements; and
- Provide general legal support on as needed basis to the company as may be requested.
- Exceptional academic credentials, admitted into and in good standing with at least one state bar;
- 3+ years of transactional legal experience at a major law firm or in-house;
- Proven ability to deliver clear, business-oriented legal advice in a fast-paced atmosphere;
- Able to deliver with minimal supervision and administrative support;
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, analytical ability, critical thinking and risk management skills; and
- Eager to learn new areas of the law and strongly committed to learn the company's businesses.
GLS, a General Logistics Systems Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply to at GLS and we strive to select the best qualified applicant for each position in our organization. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. GLS complies with all laws and regulations relating to employment discrimination, and is always committed to doing what's right.