Maintains a safe operating condition of the waste management program by ensuring that all trash and other material deemed as garbage is cleared in and around GLOCK, Inc., and GLOCK owned facilities. Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks. Oversee staff performance on a daily basis. Assists in maintaining a clean and safe operating condition of buildings of GLOCK, Inc. and GLOCK owned facilities, which includes company house and company apartment. Train Duties may involve Operating vehicles and mechanized devices; inspecting equipment; monitoring processes, materials, and surroundings etc.
Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Monitor cleaning supplies and paper products. Fill out purchase request when supplies need to be reordered and forward to Facility Manager to be placed on order.
- Oversee housekeeping staff on a daily basis.
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacement in case of absences
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness’s, tidiness and best hygiene standards.
- Inspect company vehicles before embarking on daily collection schedule to verify safe and reliable operation
- Organize schedules for refuse collection.
- Maintain waste management reports.
- Operate large collection trucks by driving them along company property
- Operate mechanical hoisting devices to lift recyclables bins and empty contents into the temporary storage hold of a truck
- Manually and mechanically collect solid waste.
- Compress recyclable materials to aid in easier transport and storage
- Maintaining company vehicles by performing basic functions, such as cleaning, filling gas tanks or changing essential fluids
- Communicate with management about onsite pavement/road work, unsafe sites, equipment issues, accidents, or other incidents
- Communicate with management about issues affecting the safe collection of their recyclable materials, such as excess items, items incorrectly placed in recycling bins, property hazards preventing the collection of materials and delays
- Drop off recyclable materials to disposal sites
- Clean recycle bins routinely and perform regular maintenance to keep them in good working condition
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, pre-skills, and/or abilities needed to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified employees or applicants with disabilities.
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
- Critical Evaluation
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Analytical Thinking
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year of related experience and/or training
- Minimum of one year of experience operating commercial vehicles
License and Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Class A or Class B commercial drivers’ license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; balance and talk; or hear. Also required to regularly climb a ladder or vehicles and manipulating things. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. This job may also involve running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, heavy lifting etc. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move an average weight of 50 pounds or more. Personal safety protective equipment is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to all weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke and unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
GLOCK, Inc. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at GLOCK, Inc. will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. GLOCK, Inc. does not discriminate in employment decisions, opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and parenting status), age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to a commitment to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, GLOCK, Inc. has established an affirmative action program to promote opportunities for individuals in certain protected classes throughout GLOCK, Inc. The company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated during the application process and employment without regard to any of these characteristics. GLOCK, Inc. takes affirmative action to hire and promote qualified applicants and employees who are Special Disabled Veterans. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Why Work Here?Firearms Manufacturer (OTC West Atlanta)
Family Orientated Company, lots of room for advancement!