Primarily responsible for processing of accounts payable, assisting in premium billing, processing deposits and other general accounting office assistance duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accounts Payable Duties:
· Prepares and processes incoming invoices by verifying proper authorization, coding and any other action which ensures the integrity of an invoice.
- Prepares cash requirements report and check selection as needed.
· Ensures all known AP invoices are recorded monthly and notifies supervisor of any missing items.
· Completes various expense tracking reports to present to management.
· Obtains W-9s from vendors and assists in preparation, disbursement and filing 1099’s for all companies.
· Performs backup responsibilities for check printing, check register, and other activity reports of production.
· Maintains positive relationships with vendors and internal customers.
Premium Billing Duties:
· Performs primary responsibility for posting member premium payments.
· Assists in tracking and preparing premium billing collection and member premium refund letters.
· Performs backup responsibilities for weekly purchasing of supplies, ordering, and disbursement.
· Assists in scanning, indexing and filing of all accounting paperwork.
· Performs mail duties and coordinates mail activities, including: receival and distribution of incoming mail, pick up, preparation, and delivery of outgoing mail.
· Prints, folds, stuffs, seals and tracks mail as needed.
· Stocks common supply areas.
· Must maintain confidentiality of business information, including Protected Health Information (PHI), as required by HIPAA and company policy.
· Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or equivalent and one-year previous Accounts Payable/Receivable experience or experience in a clerical or administrative role within a professional office environment required.
· Reliable personal vehicle for mail transportation purposes.
· Valid state Driver’s License and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Working knowledge of standard receivables and accounts payable practices.
· Strong spreadsheet skills, as well as general computer and software application operation skills.
· Proficiency in basic mathematical skills.
· Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
· Able to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
· Strong verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
· Dependable through attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
· Displays follow-through on projects and deliverables.
· Possesses strong attention to detail.
Work is typically performed in an office or other equivalently good environment with rare presence of abnormal variations in temperature or exposure to outside conditions. Physical effort represented by frequent handling of medium weight objects (approx. 20-40 lbs.) and materials or use of light hand tools. May require standing and walking most of the time, or unremitting need to perform work with hands and/or arms in largely the same position while sitting.
Daily delivery driving in Oklahoma City and occasionally up to 2 hours from the Oklahoma City office.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.