Customer Service Representative
- 9 days ago
JOB TITLE: Customer Service Representative
DEPARTMENT: New Orleans Ticketing
DIVISION/LOCATION: New Orleans, Louisiana
Global Parking Systems are experts in the management of parking lots, valet services, parking management and shuttle operations at airports across the country. Global Parking Systems also partner with SP Plus Parking Corporation, a leader in the parking management space. Together, we are committed to making the parking experience a first-class enjoyable one for parking consumers. Built on the foundation of excellence and integrity, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of service at all of our parking facilities.
Basic Function: Responsible for providing a range of routine customer care and support services to customers. Interface with the general public to professionally accept payments, apply payments to contractor citation records data base system; assist the customer with accurate, clear responses to questions relating to citation processing and customer rights of appeal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest level of customer service in a positive, courteous and enthusiastic manner to customers, employees, clients including City Personnel and the community.
- Resolve customer issues by determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Process payments for tickets on single or multiple plates, booted and/or towed vehicles and Residential Permit Parking.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information to process payment plans.
- Reconcile revenue collected against system generated reports.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information including but not limited to adjustments, accurately processing impounded vehicles and filing necessary forms to ensure proper vehicle release.
- Audit sampling of logs and prepare written findings.
- Compile and generate reports related to customer interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Availability to Work: Available to work special shift requirements depending on the locations needs. Availability to work 3rd shift and/or weekends is a requirement.
Education/Experience Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Minimum 12 months cash handling experience dealing with payment processing or cashiering and heavy customer service.
10-key by touch
Basic accounting procedures such as log maintenance, general update and report balancing
Computer knowledge helpful.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, two-digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle equipment. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Benefits Include: After 90 days full time employees become eligible for dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick time, and vacation.
THIS IS A NON-EXEMPT/HOURLY POSITION. CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING IS REQUIRED
Global Parking Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
GLOBAL PARKING SYSTEMS
AddressNew Orleans, LA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?